Sludge pool is squishy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sphere8274, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Sphere8274

Sphere8274 The King of Potatoes

With Seism now it is even more vulnerable, to get rid of it is extremely easy which should not be since it's a theme enabler and the only efficient way to generate terrain atm. What you guys think can make it less squishy? Shielded, increase hp or absorb(this even fits very well)?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    Netherzen and Vorian like this.
  2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I agree slags will suck as long as sludge pool is in its current state! What it needs are preordained and 30 hp.

0ryuk0, Ifem21 and Sphere8274 like this.
  3. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Seism is in 6 factions: UD SP FW ST FS KF
    UD and KF's seism champs are not exactly runnable (siegemonger barely, and purely because of seism, tortun mortar is terrible especially now that it doesn't get +1 speed).
    So you only need to worry about FW SP ST and FS. Against these factions you should deploy a relic that you don't mind gettin seismd in 'front' of the pool (probably banner in SP's case).

If you want to be abled to drop pool in the middle of combat and expect it not to die, then no I don't think that should be the case. There's no real shortage of ooze generation imo...
    6 champs with oozing, pool, and slagslop (the last one which generates a big AOE for 6 turns, with damage, and can't be removed by killing the relic, maybe this is what you need?)

4. Vorian

I know I normally drop the sludge pool deep in my territory, but with seism that seems to make no difference...

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Drop banner right in front of your Pool. Any deck that wants to play important relics should be ready to defend them from Seism, or be willing to take the hit.

6. Vorian

I tried that then they dropped a second seism champ. I don't get care if the sludgepool gets +1hp and preordained.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Welp, if your opponent wants to play that much Seism, you're gonna get roasted if you play Slags. Bummer. Play more combat relics to eat the hits, or double-down on Pools.

8. narvoxx

Then don't drop it unless you can protect it with another relic? Banner, and if you don't like losing banner, then run ghern scarecrow or skull totem to protect it. Yes your pool is now a 50 nora relic with 40 hp, is that worth it? that's for you to decide.

Maybe nublin's surprise pies is even better for protecting your sludgepool

Vorian likes this.
  9. narvoxx

Ok so lesson learned? don't dorp sludge pool vs SP decks that run double seism, cause it's not worth it.

And all these people with their 'this needs preordained!' is also really annoying. It's a big deal

10. Vorian

Senshu has said we are already getting it lol.

11. Sphere8274

Seism is only part of my topic, I mainly point to how this relic is weak and can be suppressed with spells or one-two hit by ranged, leaving poor slags defenseless. Increase of HP like Vorian suggested can make difference, don't forget it is +5 expansive than others terrain generators

12. narvoxx

20 hp is the standard for all relics (yes there are exceptions). Yes all relics would be less squishy if they got some defensive ability (by defenition of defensive ability). It is more expensive than other terrain generators because htose terrain generators do not affect stats DIRECTLY, except ST which DOES also cost 30. Almost all relics are weak and can be suppressed by one or two hit by ranged.

Are you forgetting that sludge pool generates terrain with global potential? To me it sounds like you want a DIFFERENT relic that is just AOE 3 ooze + some ability (but without the growing part).
    Or maybe a slag with Mason Spire would be cool?

You also seem to be ignoring what I said earlyer about slag slop and oozing

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If this relic gets preordained you might as well as give every relic Preordained.

Tweek516 likes this.
  14. Sphere8274

It's not just a standard relic but a thematic rune, it affects friendly non-slags (and terraced slag if it is still unfixed) and is the core of the theme at this moment of writing, if there were abilities such ooze front, ooze veil like others domain themes yes it could be treated without particular attention. Slag slop is expansive, oozing is good but still not efficient on terrain generation like ice veil

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  15. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

I don't care how it's done but please buff my slags :).

16. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

This thread... idek...

Griselbrand likes this.
  17. Griselbrand

Griselbrand The King of Potatoes

This is how I feel about the Terraformer thread