Snaptooth Discussion

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Monyx, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

Snaptooth Discussion on how to improve this theme takes place here.

Identify problem runes here and things that can be improved.

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Chilian is an issue by stats. Murkwater Frenzy is way to efficient.

3. Monyx

Snaptooth Crawmangler needs something to replace combo attack drain. His Offense was nerfed but they left an offensive ability on him which is now pointless. he could use another defensive ability. im Thinking something along the lines of Consume since hes a Tank.

That would get him a 3 Nora decrease as well.

Anima26 likes this.
  4. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

err no. The only thing what snaptooth really need is..:
    Ancient needs judgement back. I can live with all the horroble things they did to my beloved folk but this.. was .. just..too much

5. Monyx

Errr no? theres no reason to say "eerrr no" im talking about removing an ability that has 0 use on crawmangler cause its not compatible with his build.. if you wanna talk about changing ancient then. This is a discussion so ...you need to state reasons u think something should or shouldnt be changed. if you think ancient needs judgement then explain why....

6. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

well I can see why u want to remove combo attack drain, since
    + he has only 7 damage base but imo 3/4 heal per turn is better then nothing
    + it fits well to the multiattack theme
    + you can make fun stuff with him in SL split using taint or rage band
    + consume would not be too useful in a snap bg since you really dont want to eat those costy crocos and would him make op tank if he heals soo much in meta bgs.

On the other hand Judgement gives them
    + a way too deal with anti auto attack champs like arrow eater etc and
    + it synergies well with them since almost every snap can add a form of debuff to the enemy champion.
    + It also allows the user to not run so much offensive spells like drown or stampede but rather defensive one too keep those rather costy snaps alive since most of them are crucial.
    +Also it enables them another win condition since there are pretty much only 2 at the moment: Getting Dusk shaman too hard dmg or enemy cant kill mangler

Woffleet likes this.
  7. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

I guess, everything was said about Snaptooths, their main problem is that they are the faction within faction, compatible as a module in splits and without any solid efficiency in FF. That's said, FS remains with Meta as the only viable option(and to a lesser extent) Frogs.

8. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Snaptooth Crawmangler was meant to be an offensive tank. Re design failed to understand that. Ranks of tough are fine. Second upgrade line should be composed of abilities that enhance his offence and help him tank.

[..."The Murkwater in which they dwell seems to be the source of their power"...]-Xulos *Snaptooth Crawmangler flavor text. [..."The Snaptooth, while our allies, do not tolerate anything that is not food in their homewater"...]-Kartch *Snaptooth Murkwater flavor text.

Here are some examples of offensive tank abilities that support the flavor texts quoted above and make CA drain more efficient.
    1. Territorial(8 nora)
    2. Vigilance(8 nora)
    3. Habitation(8nora)

Entrepidus, Anima26, Monyx and 2 others like this.
  9. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Snaptooth Murkwater: Was a rogue like stealth guy who had detection that could sit around and wait to pick off units or just go behind enemy line. Now he is left with his unique ability Enveloping Mist which is an awesome ability. Other than that he just is sortav unflavored. He isn't really a dmg dealer or a bruiser, his ranks of rend seem to help deal dmg but he is still just a meatshield with detect and a anti range ability.

What I would like to see: Maybe get his stealth qualities back. Change his Rend Upgrade Tier to Shadowspawn, Stealth, Escape

This would increase his cost a little but I'd rather have him be more rogue then just another champ that just lurks around like so many other champs in all factions. Each champ was created with a design in mind, lets make them unique and full of flavor so that way we run them for that reason and not just because we are using a snap bg and he has the title of snaptooth.

Monyx likes this.
  10. Skullferno

Snaptooth Deadeye. He is almost okay except one major thing.

Domain water is on base but trail was removed.

Short and sweet request. Can we change domain water to assault? Assault or maybe Blood Rage. That's all I ask for since he is a bruiser I would love to see the extra dmg.

Monyx likes this.
  11. Skullferno

Chillian seems fine to me, I take Premo instead of Stall just cause I like impen for the 2 turns and it makes him cheaper. Is he over efficient? No way his dmg is low enough and if you look that is a main thing in Snaps. Besides Shaman all the dmg is low due to the fact that they can attack maybe twice per unit a turn.

12. Skullferno

Crawmangler. I believe Prof Stated the obvious. Full support to him.

13. Skullferno

I feel as if the rest of the snaps are in a okay place for now. The main issue I have is that Snaps are one of those races, which almost all factions have, that they just need more runes. FS has 2 technically, Jellibriums are low in number but can easily blend into psy amp and actually exceed with psy amp. Jellibrium conversation is another topic on the forum threads though.

Snaps need more people in their theme to actually succeed as a theme. Most of the time I just run heroes and other meta runes to support them such as angels and etc, which sucks cause when you run a theme you want to run that theme....and not meta+theme.

It would be cool to see the snaps and other themes like the snaps(IS trolls, ST strigs, SP slags, SL Myx*though they are now easily athropods themes so they can survive easily* and etc)

14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I take it you haven't noticed his ability list? I will wait until it hits you.

15. Skullferno

Oh you mean the things that make him overcosted and rarely played? Due to the fact that almost every bg in rank play is a cheap meat/effective rush bg that steam rolls snaps bad early game?

16. Skullferno

Or do you mean the fact that he still has Murkwater Frenzy as an upgrade when it's on base and it's been almost a good solid 2 months of revamping?

17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

That's the one.

18. Skullferno

Monyx I read the post and tried but this is the main reason I don't go on forums anymore. Just a bunch of people on here that read paper stats and barely actually play the game itself.

19. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Such rage. Bad day?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
  20. Skullferno

No rage you just don't no what you are talking about half the time and spew nonsense. Should rename yourself IMTHECHURCH

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014