Snaptooth Mistweaver [Champion Concept]

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Ohmin, May 31, 2015.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Snaptooth Mistweaver

Cost: 40(?) + Abilities = 73
    Race: Snaptooth
    Class: Shaman
    Size: 1x1

DMG: 9
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 2-4
    DEF: 1
    HP: 44

Base Abilities:

Attack: Magical
    Murkwater Frenzy
    Shroud
    Impair Vision

Upgrade Path 1:
    Phase Shift (Default)
    Vaporize
    Ethereal(? Not sure about this one, might be too strong for a support champion like this)

Upgrade Path 2:
    Cast: Cleansing Mist (Default. Ability: RNG 4 (same AoE as spell), CD 4, AP 3, Nora Cost: 10)
    Heal Champion 3
    Mass Heal 3

Potential Flavortext: "The Mistweavers say even less." -Rissa, Tadpol Guardian

Potential Imagery: A Snaptooth shaman, with slightly different garb from the others, wreathed in mist and seemingly calling a stream of fog forward.

Notes: Well, basically I'd like Snapteeth to be able to have in-house support champions. With Murkwater, it's shown for there to be some interaction with Mist. Plus, Cleansing Mist fits very well with Snapteeth and their Incorporeal capabilities. Better healing-per-turn is also available via Mass Heal, as is focused healing with Heal Champion. Impair Vision sort of fits with the idea of the Mistweaver hitting his opponents with magical fog, though Impairing Feedback could also work (but is more expensive). It's a bit of double-dipping since there's already access to Enveloping Mist, but it's flavorful and should still be useful (Enveloping can be on cooldown, or the Murkwater might not be deployed in that area, etc.)

Part of me likes the idea of Ethereal on a Snaptooth healer, but that'd get his cost down to 62 with Cast Cleansing or Mass Heal, which might be too cheap considering it's also providing Evasion via Shroud and helping others with Murkwater Frenzy, and would eclipse the other options too much. Even considering the nerfed nature of Incorporeal.

I'm not certain of the new costing formula. The base price of 40 nora is loosely based on a down-scaled Dusk Shaman. 2 less max range for more DEF and a little more DMG, I figure is still worth 8 nora less, but I'm not certain on that point. If the champions base cost is closer to 45, then definitely get rid of Impair Vision.

Comments, questions, or suggestions are very welcome, thanks for taking the time to read and consider this concept.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

I love it,

3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes