So about 2 v 2 and Draft

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bl4cksc4r, Mar 15, 2014.

1. bl4cksc4r

bl4cksc4r New Member

Be prepared, this is more of a rant than anything:

I realize 2 v 2 isnt the focus of this game. Which is strange to me since i know a large group of players including myself who would have quit longgggg ago if it wasn't for 2 v 2. But honestly, dont you think some revisions need to be made. I have ran into at least 10 players who quit 2 v 2 SOLELY because of Forsaken Wastes. I would love to give you examples of how amazingly unpractical they are, but im sure everyone knows already.

ANYWAYS, the question is,
    Is 2 v 2 worth changing?
    Should 2 v 2 be a focus?
    Should FW be changed (like.. entirely)?
    Should we have some sort of Free Draft mode so that we can spice things up a little? Maybe 1k to enter, no prizes or small gold prizes?

Most games i know strive off Draft, because honestly, thats the most fair and the most fun way of playing. This game has made it imposssssible. Just curious about peoples opinions :) sorry if i bashed the almighty FW.

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

The vast majority of this game existed before 2v2 interactions and was not originally balanced around it. At this point in the game, I don't know if it ever would be possible to be fully balanced around it. I'm not going to discount that there are players that enjoy it and some players that exclusively play it, however, I am not certain that given the current state of the game, if it should be made the number one priority.

Complaining about one faction, however, most likely will not get much support.

3. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

For starters I would like to see 3 main things happen...
    1. Make it so you can create a game to play 2v2 that people can join because right now its like impossible to play 2v2 with your friends and most people play 2v2 against people for fun anyway and right now you can only 2v2 ranked.
    2. Make it so you can 2v2 with public decks most new players won't stand a chance playing in ranked with those public decks..
    3. Fix the 2v2 ranks I am sure everyone here is tired of playing solo matches and winning and having there solo ranks replaced by the 2v2 rank which most haven't even played 2v2.

4. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

Forsaken wastes is 75% op in 2v2 because of 1 spell, mobilization. Fix it.

It was funny, (except when it happened to me) back when wave crashers were strong, and u throw one down with a pool out, cast a few spells then kill their entire army haha. Ohhh 2v2. Good times.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  5. bl4cksc4r

bl4cksc4r New Member

No one is commenting on Draft. To be honest, this is the expected answer for 2 v 2, 1 v 1 players really seem to hate it. But what about an easy to enter draft?

6. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I played that with Enigma and we got into the top 10

7. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

There were free drafts in the past which were enjoyable, so I don't think most people will argue against free drafts.

I don't hate 2v2 as a 1v1 player, but as I said, the game originally was not balanced around the concept of 2v2, nor do I feel that all of the runes should be changed to be balanced just for 2v2 at this time.