So about ST

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by potatonuts, Jan 15, 2018.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

yep as I said it adds 1 damage to power attack so it also effect kaeyun.

so the big change is 1 damage on three runes from 1 ability assuming you don't have 3 amp champs out...pardon me if i don't cry myelf to sleep tonight heh

2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

and how often do you one shot a champ with 15 damage?

failing one rounds by a few hp can often decide the outcome of a game.

3. calisk

I don't get your point? assuming you hit multiple times how many strikers with power attack and keyuns and shard seers with power attack you plan to have on the board?

yes assuming you are playing 5 frost power attack champs and for some reason are ignoring deploying more amp units(which would get you more damage), every other round you would be doing 5 less damage? is that really the point you are trying to make or am I reading your intentions incorrectly?

while you are correct that a few damage can make a difference once in awhile, amp decks are really not phased by that, when every champs hits in the 15-20's with every attack your support runes can easily cover a 1 hp gap if you are that desperate, but you usually won't be, keep in mind this is not exclusive to amp, UD champs hit about as hard and worry about 1 hp almost just as often.

it's regular decks that worry about a single hp far mroe often

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I think you are assuming too much. You can't just make up a situation on paper and assume it will play out like that in game. I absolutely see the point you are making but I don't think it will be as simple as that when put into practice.

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Another 2 ST-specific changes have been added:
    • Ice Stars - Frozen instead of Slowed
    • X Stance goes to CD2
    Discuss.

6. calisk

Frozen instead of slow is doubled edged.

Slowed is obviously better and but we have more abilities keyed to frozen so hard to tell. Feels like a potential lateral change to me for some decks but of course we have no shortage of ways to apply frozen so doubt it will get played over them. Not sure how popular stars is atm when i last played nobody ever used it. Sincr it's on the list i assume that's no longer the case.

My only comment is it's lazy as hell to make it frozen. every rune in st will eventually gets the "just make it frozen...i'm going for lunch" treatment

Eventually if nora freeze ever gets looked at i'll bet you nepys runes that it will involve frozen, like i said anything to do with ap is always nerfed and the fall back is frozen....hell i'm surprised the font didn't just get chaged to cause frozen....anyway that's unrelated to the nerf just a micro rant...let's get back to nerfing terrain because Bane Shift loses ap on it...woot? I wish pox wasn't quite literally like watching green/white players in magic non stop, this game needs of the other colors.

The stance thing...hard to say i only used a handful of stance units but i think it's better with a cd. Makes changing stance a bit more of a choice. As it stands changing stance is a brain dead choice with no consequence.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  7. kthx

kthx The King of Potatoes

I'd prefer to minimise my comments here, save to say that Ice Shard is not a problem and I'd encourage different thinking re: if amp decks (including frost) are a problem. To some extent I think the issues are 'what is being amped', how vulnerable is the buff.

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Yes almost every k'thir champ with 7 speed was nerfed, then the maps were changed also. The cost reduction was nice, but I still see champs that can move 9-11 spaces, mostly outside of k'thir. St has never properly paid for their bonus, and that is why the whole faction is over-efficient. You hit the nail on the head pretty much, unlikely anything will change though.

Sok is great, but his fanboys and himself don't want constructive criticism, they just wanna always be right, so here we are, pox failed again. I was hoping for a different direction when the owls took over, the game's current bloat of abilities, and too many runes will never make this a casual game again. The best they can do is earn as much $$ as possible from this, and start over with pox 2.0.

The owls hired the same lead designer, or whatever sok is, they kept similar people for the council, and here we are. When the original re-vamp happened, that was a push towards a new direction and I loved playing pox again, when Sok returned it was more of the old, which didn't work previously, and isn't working now.

Ultimately I hope pox 2.0, is something the devs have honestly looked into, i'd hate to see pox die, but at this point I believe it to be the best course of action.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

• Like what, exactly?

• Nora Freeze has nothing to do with AP or Frozen, so I dunno wtf you are going on about

10. Sokolov

More of a consistency/consolidation fix with Dragon Skull and the whole 5% leftover nonsense that's been complained about for awhile. It's just harder to calculate and a remnant of a time when Amp wasn't really on champs and you just deploy 2x Skull/Shard for Max Amp.

I don't expect balance impacts from this change.

11. Etherielin

No - it adds as much as it shows and the game rounds damage down.

12. calisk

Well to the first point, ferren bonus jumps to mind immediately as
    Well to the second point it was just stupid pessismistic humour and i went a bit off on a tangent when saying it.

Freeze is in the name so i suspected if it got a fix it would have frozen because frozen is the st easy to toss out mechanic....

As for the first point you are right i tried to find some example but couldn't find many that were straight conversions to frozen, things like ferren focus was more complicated and has other issues, and the nerfes to terrain control and ap denial in st among other factions are bad but i couldn't find many that went to frozen as the nerf to them.

So while frozen is on more mechanics in st then kfc has chicken I must admit i was wrong in saying you lazily nerf runes in st by giving them frozen at least to a large degree definately, i could make a different point but oh well guess you win.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  13. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov can you post the coming ST nerfs, I know they're somewhere but I can't seem to find what they are or when they are coming

14. Etherielin

[​IMG]
    Included Disbelief and Shattered Summon changes, because they affect ST the most - Warlocks usually only have one or two swarms around.

15. TheBulwark

Eth, when are changes coming? and are these the only changes? Spirit of the mountain should be nerfed too

16. Etherielin

Everything is in this post.

17. Sokolov

Are you talking about the removing of Stunned? Because I don't ever recall Ferren Focus not having Frozen or it interacting with AP specifically?

(This ignores the brief Gedden period where FF was completely different.)

~

OLD Ferren Focus:
    When this champion makes a successful basic attack, one of the following debuffs are applied in order: Frozen 1 (-1 DEF/SPD/DMG), Awestruck 2 (-50% DMG, -1 SPD), Stunned 1 (This Champion has -2 DEF, cannot attack, move, activate abilities, or engage other Champions) and Stunned 2.

CURRENT Ferren Focus:
    This champion has Acrtic. When this champion makes a successful basic attack against a champion, the following debuffs are applied to the target in order: Frozen for 1 turn, Slowed for 2 turns, Sundered for 3 turns.

18. TheBulwark

When are changes coming

19. Sokolov

No idea, it's not up to me when patches happen.

Etherielin likes this.
  20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's always gonna be a cycle with this game. Nerf one thing and something else becomes OP.