So all this complaining about tokens...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkpally5, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

DoGs is still in transition phase; Apparently they are fixing bugs now, rather than running around trying to appease people that won't come without some advertising.

2. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

1000 points to Zenity for understanding!

3. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

100 points to you!

uaChakra likes this.
  4. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

All I know is its not fun grinding cp to lvl champs...especially when we wna play ranked with a fully lvled deck...:eek:

5. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This we understand, but how to approach this is something we are going to need to address internally. Example: would it be better to get rid of the CP system vs reducing the amount needed. Also, we are going to be doing a massive balance overhaul which may affect certain aspects. There is just a lot that needs to be considered on our end and we don't want to do some haphazard job.

Nemorga, Emries and Zenity like this.
  6. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

lol hilarious. i call bull#$%^

7. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

i wonder if there will be another one of these threads tomorrow. lets see.

8. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Playing the game is not grinding, what are you "grinding" for if not to play? If you don't like ranked for some reason then you are still free to play against friends or the AI and just not get the rewards. Why do you "have" to do anything? I have played a good bit of Hearthstone, and never once did it feel like a grind. The quests often motivated me to play "one more game" yes, but that's called encouraging and rewarding participation, not grinding.

Again, this is a matter of definition but the type of grinding that is being referred to is the mechanical repetition of mundane tasks for the sole purpose of collecting rewards that allow you to do what you actually want to do (e.g. grind for levels in an RPG until you are strong enough to enter the next area).

If you don't agree with this definition, then just assume that this is what we are talking about when we use the term "grind". That would save a lot of unnecessary debate. :)

If McDonalds required me to do a handstand before they hand me my chicken nuggets, you can bet that I am not going to visit that restaurant again. And I will let them know, because they might want to reconsider practices which needlessly drive away customers.

We can't give any meaningful feedback on this, that's up to DOG to decide. We don't even know the percentage of revenue generated by token packs (for all we know it could be practically non-existent). All I know is that when I spent hundreds if not thousands on the game, I still was very far from having a "complete" collection, and if nothing had changed, I would have kept spending. If there really is an issue with a sizeable number of veterans maxing out their collection and not having anything to spend their money on, then of course something should be added to alleviate that problem. But in that case I'd argue even more so that out of respect for those veterans, that better be something they might actually want instead of something that allows them to not be kicked in the shin.

9. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

In time of SOE tokens was available to all players. And I think most of player agree , that reducing price solve the problem. Because ATM only small part of grandee can allow tokens. Changes to cp can be done anytime later, but for now lowering price can solve problem.

rickyjpen likes this.
  10. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Everything you stated could be applied to pox. "Playing the game is not grinding, what are you "grinding" for if not to play?" - You gain cp from playing any game mode in pox nora? what exactly is your point if not mine other then you just don't like it. Your just using grind as a semantic negative term... by your definition... if they just made gaining cp "more" fun for you then it all the sudden magically would not be grinding... but it still would be. Your anecdote about hearthstone is more comparable to dailies in Pox, as opposed to grinding for gold to buy packs to remain competitive. You can play pox in the exact same way you played hearthstone you just don't choose to.

- I "had" to do those things to get what I wanted out of the game, and I understood this and then changed the way I played the game to get what I wanted out of it. I didn't have to, unless I wanted certain things in a certain time frame. You don't have to grind for cp by surrendering in camps in pox, its an option though... I don't choose that option. I choose to make training decks and do my dailies with them and play guildies with as well. I can be patient and get cp for free... or I have the option to buy tokens if I want what I want when I want it. This is not a new concept for games. Clash of clans and a million other ipad games have this mechanic as well. Later for free or now for $.

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- This definitely. Though people want upgrades to be exciting (+1 dam, +3 hps upgrades are lame) we don't want them being huge dramatic swings that make the champion unplayable until cp'd. I think there are more pressing matters then "how do I cp my champs for FREE mang!" that Senshu touched on here that will likely benefit the cp system collaterally.

12. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Now i feel better...SERIOUS, Thanks Senshu put my grinding at ease :D:rolleyes:;)

13. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

That's how f2p used to work. Companies have since shown another path for the f2p model. Some of the most successful have zero grind. Even if there is a grind it is purely for cosmetics. A lot can be learned from these games for player retention.

uaChakra and Zenity like this.
  14. Trill

Trill Member

IT INFURIATES ME, What the hell am i to do with two extra hot dogs!!!