So are we just not going to talk about the Arctic nerf or what?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by TheNidhogg, Nov 16, 2014.

1. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Title.

This is a big deal on Turn 1.

2. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

it is still giving ready right now ( or did last game I played ) so not really able to say how much of a hit it will end up being. It will mean it is more or less impossible to grab the fonts that are 8 spaces away in one turn while many of the other factions have units that can.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I want to congratulate calisk for it.

Ballballer, Woffleet and SPiEkY like this.
  4. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

i supose we will get a more 7 spd's i hope cal has a list of upgrades to 7 spd ready

5. Pasiphae

Pasiphae The King of Potatoes

Bu-Firking-hu. To bad your drawwin on some maps has been removed.

6. nakaruru

sorry if my post made you feel angry or something, the OP wanted a discussion on what the change would mean. This is one of the bigger and easiest to identify impacts. I don't see a lot of terrain creation in most ST bgs so in the mid game when champs are already running around off snow sometimes the effect is harder to quantify. And with it bugged right now it is even hard to get a feel for how it much of a change it is.

I noted that other factions kept their ability to grab these fonts I guess I should have raged and demanded nerfs and said it was unfair or something to fit into the forums better but the ap gen from arctic has been a major complaint about ST for a long time perhaps with it gone ST will be given a chance to grow in new directions.

Did you have something to add to the discussion besides trying to stir up people?

Lastly I'm bad enough at this game that nothing is a draw win for me.

Entrepidus and Hiyashi like this.
  7. TheNidhogg

Weird, I do notice it was giving ready on Turn 1, but it didn't when I put ice under units via Ice Front on Icecliff Patrol. I may have to test it more.

8. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I was under the impression we were done talking and simply waiting for it to finally happen. What is there to really talk about now that precisely what we expected to happen. . . Actually happened?

9. nakaruru

It has been my experience that snow still gives ready and ap but ice does not. I was using arctic gift and the units wouldn't get ready because of the ice front but would get it if I didn't cast the spell. This also carried over outside of fonts, on ice nothing but if I got snow ( via orb of frost fall effect ) to override ice then the units would get ready.

10. TheNidhogg

Great information to know, thanks!

11. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

the one time I brought it up I got called a zealot that never nerfes st.

that's how these forums role.

12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

The ST shrine grants ready when you deploy a champ in the shrine deployment zone.

13. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

If this means we got more natural 7 speed I am fine with it.
    Maybe now ppl can stop whining about it.

14. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

this . now we play the waiting game :p

15. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Calisk the ST ready nerf is not working.....Unless ST is going to get some 7spd champs or 8 spd since most factions cn reach fonts in one turn with exertions, teleports, or basic spds. My gosh dwarves are running around ending up with 8spd and earth is abundant. I would not mind it as much if tailwind ending up being a little bit stronger, and being on ice gave us some other benefit that is defensive, maybe hit and run (kind of like a sliding hit), or evasive, I always thought that dmg reduction was prolly the best since ice would impede that. +1 dmg really is not much when you have no fonts trying to fight through to defend your own.

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Why would we want to talk about this absolute crap?
    I mean, it was a deserving nerf, but why was it not followed by the balance of the other factions 8SPD mechanics? Because people dont care, thats why.

17. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I'm aware its not so are the greens no word on a proper fix but i suspect the next hot fix should deal with it and some other issues

18. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

As the slowest faction, SP laughs at your whining

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Someone who has a lot of time on their hands should count how many units are 5-6-7 speeds in each faction.

20. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member