so i just watched cowboy bebop

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dagda, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah everything it is may seem like it doesn't matter but it's actually build up and makes sense which translates to the best climatic moments when it all Does make sense. It's worth the time you spend for it :p

2. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

AoT is, in fact, the best anime I've ever seen. Still could only watch 5 or 6 episodes before my eyes started getting tired from all the rolling. Anime is just the worst.

3. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Code geass, neon genesis evangelion, attack on Titan, ghost in the shell, akira, death note, psycho pass,flcl, Madoka magica, wing gundam, Appleseed. Some of my favorites.

Neon genesis might be my favorite. And one of the remade endings (I think they just call it end of evangelion)

But yea, be pop was pretty good, but there is a whole world of awesome anime.

4. st3ck

I'm almost to Johto journeys. Been making sure to hit the movies in their correct spots too, I'm also replaying all the games. Currently on pokemon white, and the pokemon in this gen sucks. Ice cream cones, garbage, and other stupid crap has made it into a pokemon.

5. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

yeah i didn't like most of the fifth gen pokemon.... tho serperior is one of my alltime favs so it goes both ways. Was never able to play X or Y because i couldnt get my hands on a 3ds :(

6. st3ck

X and y were really fun, but too easy. I think when I finally stopped playing I hadn't even done all the post game events and my lineup was in the 80s. And I don't remember grinding insanely hard.

7. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

to my understanding the leveling system wasn't changed, so that must mean that pokemon in x and y must just give more exp than before

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I never grinded in Pokemon. For practically all the time and five victory roads I had only one level 100 pokemon. then and foreverafter I had two.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Leveling system wasn't changed but the Exp share was changed to a toggle that gives 50% to all pokemon on your bench instead of an equipable item that grants 50% exp to the equipped pokemon.

10. st3ck

Yessss that was it, exp share is stupid broken in x/y

Also the mega evolutions had legendary like stats (sometimes better), and the game basically gives you like 2-3 mega evolutions.

But online is pretty nice in x/y, got to trade evolve the most I ever have, plus some random nice Japanese dude gave me all the starters and a few shiny sprites. He must have felt bad at how noob I was.

11. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

You might want to look through the rest of the works by Naoki Urasawa and Tezuka Osamu. They're the pretty much globally agreed best mangakas of all time. Not even exaggerating - every mangaka ever looks up to those old guys even though new kids don't know it (like the rest of these people). I recommend 20th Century Boys or Billy Bat next (note: the first chapter of billy bat starts out as a US comic style for plot reasons you find out real quick) if Pluto got to ya :p

12. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

If you liked Cowboy Bebop you would probably like Outlaw Star. I watched a ton of anime in the 90s, but have since moved on to manga after finding out how much story I missed from my old favorite shows. Berserk and Blade of the Immortal being two huge examples. You would not believe what actually happens when you get into all the stuff that was cut out to round up 12-24 episodes.

If you want to watch something that I've hardly seen talked about. There's a really dark and out there movie called Murdock Scramble. It was a nice surprise.