So I opened 5 boxes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Axeraiser, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

5 extended boxes, so 160k ish gold. I got 6 exotics ( thats 1 more than the guaranteed 5 I got from 1 guaranteed from each box) and 0 legends , for 160k gold, RIP anyone actually trying to get into this game.

xaznsoulx likes this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

man you are unlucky on master level^_^ i remember last time i opened one i think i've got at least a couple legendary runes...and i continue to get exotics and legendaries with normal customs.

Kampel likes this.
  3. Jbafofi

Jbafofi The King of Potatoes

Why not just buy a load of premade decks and shard the lot then forge what you want?

Alakhami, davre and Kampel like this.
  4. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

i dont need runes, i was just conducting an experiment, the fact that packs and boxes still give out such trash after rune values have been reduced to almost nothing anyways is a disgrace , how do they ever expect people to spend money on this game.

xaznsoulx and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  5. Jbafofi

Jbafofi The King of Potatoes

The driver is asleep at the wheel, and has been for a long time

6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Getting runes have likely never been easier than now because of the premade decks.
    But yeah, I wish Boxes were better. Maybe make them cheaper and/or a chance for a new set of LE runes.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

@Sokolov is there any estimate on when we'll see the new pack structure and pricing you were discussing previously, or is it still Soon™?

Kampel likes this.
  8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Wish I could tell you, but even I don't know

9. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

The absolute madman.

soulmilk likes this.
  10. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yeh I gave up on boxes a while ago. Barely ever get more than the baseline for them.

11. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Sometimes you get unlucky, that's just life bro. But yeah, premade decks are the thing so currently there's literally no point in spending gold on boxes when you can make much more value out of em.

12. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

As soon as they introduced the rune forge they basically gave up all pretenses of "video game items as investment". If you are spending money on pox, you are knowingly paying for something that will eventually be available for free. If you buy some songs from itunes, you are knowingly paying for something that you can probably get for free if you look in the right places. This might make you a patron or a sucker, depending on your point of view, but those that spend money in this way probably have a very good idea of what they are getting.

If you are looking to "invest" in any video game, you have to be willing to aggressively pursue lopsided trades and have the discipline to get out before the population drops below 1000 users. Unless you ran an automated store, there were countless more viable ways to invest your time/money.

13. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Which makes midterms all the more ridiculous.

14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Did you use gold, many of the posts here are under the assumption that you bought the boxes with $$$, but it sounds to me like you used gold. Pox boxes have kinda always been trash because they give you so many cards. I rather get less cards per box and a higher chance for exos and legendaries.

@Sokolov Would it be possible to make an option to sacrifice some of your packs in place of a higher rare percentage ? I'v never seen this in a game and it could be a nice implementation of something different.

10 packs- Before you open them, give a little pop up screen that says sacrifice 2 packs for an increased rare or something, or sacrifice 5 packs for a guaranteed exo.