So if Aria is going to be different fron Northern Cross Priestess...

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Centuros, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Will she be obtainable through packs? (LEG version, etc)

I still think she should be the same, though, since she was created as an alternate-art version like Ryv, Vallassa, and Pyro.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

she was created different, to be fair, and a hero also, those resking had some abilities swapped, generally for the best, and the hero ability and they costed 2 more nora.
    Now, I would keep them equal exept for giving aria attack fire instead of electricity, maybe giving her hero if te ability is balanced.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

They just forgot about her. I'm sure she'll be as expensive as Priestess in no time.

4. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Honestly it seems like they got the ability set for priestess and aria reversed. NCP has fire atk and fire based abilities and aria has electricity and different support stuff. Swap their damage types and related kits around and they would seem more appropriate in relation to each other and their flavor/art.

and id rather see pyro, ryv and gang made more unique than aria made more generic.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The thing is, people without Aria and friends would complain that they're OP or unobtainable. That's why they should be the same.

But I agree, Aria (fire spear) should have cleansing flame and Attack: Fire whereas NC Priestess should have more support-ish roles.

6. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I think they should just make a leg version of her and the named guys and leave them slightly unique.... same base abilities but have one upgrade chain be different from the generic unit. I'm surprised they over looked this unit in the reskin process.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Attack Elec was very important to the paladin deck. Like with many other champs I think @Gedden and @Markoth really missed the mark on her remake. Its really so frustrating watching a theme get built piece by peice, brick by brick, over time and all of the sudden a cannon named balance just starts blowing wholes through the wall. And no im not talking about power. She filled a very necessary roll that revolved around two base concepts: cheap and attack elec. Shes now neither of those. There were so many right ways to revamp her.

Her relic ability functions terribly on a ranged unit. PLAY the rune against something other than ai. Give it the range back and mke it summonrd or at least to ups so we can avoid it. Do you think its successful design when you make an ability that players wish wasnt on the champ?

And the llimitef rune, nearly unobtainable, has attack elec.

Is it just me? It all seems so simple, I just dont get it.

Dagda likes this.
  8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Just to be clear Bakki. The council didn't see any of the revamp outside of the Plagues expansion exceedingly early on and that was only to show how the new champion upgrade system and the 1.0 algorithm would work. It had 0 involvement in actually revamping the runes.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yet you've made changes to nearly half the paladin line up since then.

Dagda likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I typed up an assessment of paladins following the 1.0 revamp that was used for the patch after the 2.0 revamp but maybe half of the suggestions were used. If you read the post on my Desk thread that contains the actual paladin post that was used you would see that it talked about call spears cost and it's issues being deployed adjacent. Nothing came of it but it's not for lack of me trying. I would love to spend a bunch of time on paladins but there are other themes that need attention too.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You did spend a bunch of time on paladins.

Dagda likes this.
  12. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

How or why is cheap and attack electric a role/ very necessary? I do not see much, if any synergy between electricity damage with in the holy theme ( p.s. paladins are not a theme markoth :p )

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Aye but like I said the assessment was a first impression from just following revamp 1.0. It isn't any recent work it just happened to be used because it was the only assessment that there was. Like you have already pointed out a metric crap ton of synergy was lost during the revamp. It's gone. You don't like it. I don't like it. No one likes it. It's not coming back anytime soon. We can sit around and complain about it or we can discuss what the theme needs and give Gedden something he can work from. My PCR lists are not from me reading through the forums and only picking out things I like. They are links to other threads with materials that have discussion materials. For example, Tarth wrote up a thread with a bunch of Barbarian comments so I linked it to Gedden and they had a patch. IS patches havnt been larger than other factions because of anything I have done. They happened because our community is active and productive and produces content that leads to action.

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Paladin damage is largely magical, with some physical. Fire is available through the HBOV but is one of the most resisted non magical/physical damage types out there. Paladin ranged champs are also typically expensive or hard to obtain. She filled both those gaps. But regardless of that argument, look at the champion now. No one runs it. They have redesigned a champ that no one runs. I'd say that is a failure.

Dagda likes this.
  15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Pmuch. Synergy is what makes playing runes more interesting than simply putting anything in a deck. It doesnt have to be powerful, nor does it have to come via many abilities on a single champion. It's like cooking without any spices. Sure, it will make you not hungry, but meh.

But I'll continue to complain. I won't stop until I give up on the game. That, or they ban me. That wouldn't surprise me either, tbh.

Geddens idea of synergy is Boost3 (on meta-worthy themes no less).

Dagda likes this.
  16. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Having the Electricity option was good for the theme. It would likely be a good idea for her to go back to it, Aria can switch to fire because of her art. This would also let her take Cleansing Flame and Grant: Aura for 3 damage types.

Other than Attack type, what do you think the easiest way to get her back to playability would be? I have seen some people mention moving the relic deploy to upgrade in return for MoA which would lower the cost by 5. However I feel like it is a major part of her identity and Spear will never get run as a relic on its own.

Talking about this has kind of made me want a spell that calls a spear.

17. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, upgrades so that you can ignore it. FIFTEEN NORA for an ability I can't quite use effectively since the change. And why is Mark 10 nora? Flamestrike3 is 10 nora, CastmotherFirking Alacrity is 10 nora, would you rather have that? Hex3 is 9. Debilitate, the be-all-end-all debuff is only 11. It just doesnt add up to me.

I'd put Mark at somewhere around 7, then remove the spear ability all together, or waste an upgrade slot hiding it there. Put Mark on base and have here around 72 nora or so. If they aren't going to fix the spear ability I'd personally perfer that get removed for Jolt 2. You can reduce her dmg by 1 if you need some costing wiggleroom.

Thats just an idea.

Dagda likes this.
  18. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- If the risen grenadier can drop his nuke relic 4 spaces away surely the priestess could place her spear 2-3 spaces away. Also consider having her drop a spear on death as an alternative. Bottom line all she needs to be runnable is a way to make attack: elec , cleansing flame and celes. Spear (ranged version) have her cost sub 75 Nora. The healing isnt as necessary

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I agree that the healing isn't necessary. She struck me as an offensive priestess (hense, paladin) rather than a bandaid priestess.

Dagda and Thbigchief like this.
  20. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Or make the spear relic stealthed. Still worse then c.bloom or head of osar.