So next patch is for Heroes

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Djangoguy, Mar 31, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Xulos: +1 min range, -1 dmg, -5 HP, Mindwipe to Rank 1. That's -15 nora and makes Mindwipe and Deathtouch both have the same range which is in turn the space within his min range (all those range numbers line up nice and pretty). Additionally, his cost goes to 79-91. Bingo.

Djangoguy and XFurionsX like this.
  2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I've said it a million times now, Moragen has too many expensive abilities which don't combine to impact the game like another 100 nora champion might. I still think my previous suggestion of altering her upgrades so that she can choose clearly defined roles which she would excel at rather than having 3 roles and excelling at none of them is simplest and most obvious solution.

What i've always wanted to do with Moragen is split her into possible roles, one like Snogvie, one like Elven Bard.

Base Abilities: Siren's Song, Boon, Attack:Sonic, Hero
    U1: Absorb, Horrific Aura, Battle Hymn
    U2: Deafening Aura, Hex, Dread

Like this you could run her at 76 nora with Deafening Aura and Absorb or for 81 with Hex and Battle Hymn. That is literally just by rearranging her abilities.

I think Siren's Song would be much more effective with a shorter range, with range 3 or 4 you can counter a lot more ranged units than with 5 and it might even warrant a cost reduction.
    Some stat changes might help too, i was thinking -1 max range for some def or spd would be a help.

Djangoguy and TeaScholar like this.
  3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Yes, I always liked Xulos, since it's was my first hero that I get. Like to use him with his global dmg and healing, but he is too overcosted for what he does. The way you put him will be viable as always, and will make him at a cheaper status, love it.

Moragen need to fit ONE specific role, focusing in her being a bard, preferabily for Zombies bg. Making her a ranged sup for them is the best way to make her more viable, taking away some abilities, or just reorganizating them.

Djangoguy and Uruboz like this.
  4. Uruboz

Uruboz I need me some PIE!

I remeber when xulos cost 8k of gold back in the sony hands :S

Add Commander: Skeleton in some champion rune!

Djangoguy likes this.
  5. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

I'm at college now, when I go to home I will post my thoughs about her. :) Would you guys like to see her with Zombie Herder?

TeaScholar likes this.
  6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No.

Djangoguy likes this.
  7. Djangoguy

Why not?

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The ability is already a theme-warping enabler -- I'd like to see it nerfed -- and it would narrow Moragen's role to a single theme. I dislike the ability and dislike locking heroes into a single theme, particularly one also experiencing awkward and fanatical growth.

Djangoguy likes this.
  9. Djangoguy

It is intetesting how you point it, but nerfing Zombie Herder would force zombie players to rely more and more on Dead Fairy.
    By the way, I would add Zombie Herder on upgrades together with other theme-based spells, what you think?

10. potatonuts

I feel like you developed some kind of fanatical hatred for Zombie Herder after that game we had. The fact that it remains on one champion, who now costs 80-ish nora and has a long cooldown and high AP cost prevent it from becoming a problem. It's very rare i use that ability more than twice in a game, and considering i play fw they are usually pretty long games.

You are absolutely right about it on Moragen though, unless it was an upgrade choice it would confine her to the zombie theme and might possibly upset the balance of champs who can use it.

TeaScholar and Djangoguy like this.
  11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I hadn't encountered it all that much, and spent plenty of timing messing with it and using it afterward. I don't think it makes zombies OP or anything, I just hate what it does to the theme, and how it functions within the theme. It's an asston of AP and virtual AP -- especially virtual AP. This is a flimsy 80 nora support unit for a theme about slow and Borg-like hordes, who's signature ability makes is explicitly about making zombies not zombies, not monotonous resilience but enabled mediocrity. I hate the ability because it is strong enough to define a theme while simultaneously destroying everything I like about that theme.

I get that it's out there, that it may not change, and that some people like it, but damn if I do. For me, Fleshweaver does to Zombies what Witches do to Forsaken Wastes

Djangoguy likes this.
  12. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I agree with potato's idea for moragen, except for the decrease in the zone of her siren song. I don't see how decreasing siren song to 3-4 would make her better, so if you wouldn't mind explaining.

Cost decrease as a reward for that isn't a valid exchange. Honestly

Djangoguy likes this.
  13. Djangoguy

I have added Moragen to the chart! I really don't know where you guys want to go with her, so I will update it with good suggestions whenever I can.

14. potatonuts

Because units with a minimum range of 5 or less can just stand inside of it and attack her.

Djangoguy likes this.
  15. potatonuts

I disagree entirely, i've won plenty of games with Zombies without even deploying a witch. You can achieve the same effect with Elsarin Night, people don't complain about that though because hardly anybody uses it. The fact is this game is dominated by AP generation, mobility and ranged domination, if you want to take away the tools that slower themes need to use to compete in that kind of a game then you might as well just delete the entire theme.

Just on the flavor side of things i don't see an issue with it either, they are barely aware undead milling around without purpose until receiving orders from their master. It makes sense.

Djangoguy likes this.
  16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'd rather see the theme change than bend to a prevailing wind.

Oh, it makes sense for what it does, I just hate the sense it makes.

Djangoguy likes this.
  17. potatonuts

I'd rather see the game change than force themes to bend to prevailing winds.

Djangoguy likes this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Then we're on the same boat, I think, even if one of us is using a sail and the other a paddle.

Djangoguy likes this.
  19. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

They seem too strong to me... I like how they enable several themes though.

Djangoguy likes this.
  20. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I think your costing formula is off

Djangoguy likes this.