So next patch is for Heroes

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Djangoguy, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Heroes are supposed to be strong.

2. Djangoguy

I'm using the same formula that @kalasle passed me, the nora cost of abilites I'm taking from www.poxbase.com/home.

OLD FORMULA.jpg

3. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

More or less, I just don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be. I think if you compared it with the other AP generating abilities in the game it's more or less in line, it's definitely nowhere near as influential on a game as the various Warcry abilities.

Djangoguy likes this.
  4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm comfortable with Warcry's design, even if it is too strong. Apparently Herder is only 5 nora though. Again, I don't think it's making zombies OP or anything -- it's a bit like my problem with Backlash.

Djangoguy likes this.
  5. Djangoguy

Bump!

I have added Sarinda to the chart and dropped witch class from Moragen! How you feel about it?

Suggestions, please.

6. Djangoguy

For Statue of Xulos, I got an idea like this:

When this relic is in play, Xulos gains Escalation and Soul Siphon, thoughts?

7. potatonuts

That would be ridiculously strong.

I'm sorry to say i don't like your Moragen suggestion. I don't know why you would remove Deafening Aura from Moragen, it's what makes Siren's Song so good. I also do not know why you would then add Fascinate which would work so well with it and without it would simply bring enemy champions close to your vulnerable backline support champ. Regardless Zombie Herder and Battle Hymn on one champ would be ridiculous, she could sit there for a turn or two and then next turn give 5 ap and +1 dmg to everyone within 5 spaces. Throw in a Mobi for a 9 ap power turn that took you 2 turns to setup, if you really want her to have ZH then it would have to be on the same upgrade tree as BH.

Djangoguy likes this.
  8. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

What's the point of him gaining those abilities if he has no way of gaining charges?

Djangoguy likes this.
  9. Djangoguy

What you mean? Escalation and Soul Siphon have nothing to do with charges.

10. Djangoguy

Hmmm yea, actually, I don't have Moragen, so I'm shoting in the dark. With your suggestions, I just need to swap battle hymn with deafening aura (no fascinate), what you think?

Moragen the Lost
    Race: Undead, Zombie, Class: Bard
    Nora Cost: 75

Champion Stats
    DAM: 10, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-3, DEF: 1, HP: 48

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Sonic
    Deafening Aura

Siren Song
    Boon of the Undead
    Hero

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Dread
    Frightful Aura 3 *base*
    Unspeakable

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Zombie Herder
    Hex 3 *base*
    Battle Hymn

This would work as an equipment but more fragile, you think it will be OP even if I cut escalation?

XFurionsX likes this.
  11. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I like Moragen with herder, she should replace the witch.

I LIKE THIS MORAGEN CAN WE HAVE THIS MORAGEN??

TeaScholar likes this.
  12. Djangoguy

I'm glad you like my Not-so-Lost Moragen :)

I'll gonna mark @Sokolov here for better views :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. Kharon

OH LOL, I guess I was tired last night. I thought I read Eradicate not Escalation. I see now!

Djangoguy likes this.
  14. potatonuts

If you guys push Sok to remove Deafening Aura from her i will track you down and add you to Serkan's ranks personally.

Djangoguy likes this.
  15. Kharon

What Moragan really needs is Zombie Apocalypse added to base

16. potatonuts

Seems to me like you guys are just throwing the nearest zombie related ability at her and hoping it sticks without thinking about it. Moragen is something i've thought about on multiple occasions and spoken to many people about, I and just about everyone else i speak to agrees that she is too expensive due to her array of non synergistic and expensive abilities.

So i'm going to say that i think an extra 4 nora for an ability which doesn't really fit her role anyway is more the opposite of what she needs.

This worries me, could you explain why we need a replacement for a perfectly viable champion? If you are suggesting removal of ZH from witches then that would shoebox them and with only Moragen cut our draw potential for ZH in half. Why would we want that?

Then there is this whole Zombie Herder or not thing, unless i'm mistaken i thought most of us already agreed that it would upset the balance provided by it only being on 2 champs max in any bg. On top of that the only way to balance it would be to have it either on a tree with Battle Hymn or have it replace Battle Hymn which means those of us who are patient enough to wait to deploy both a witch and Moragen lose the ability to combo the two abilities which makes for some amazing powerturns.

Don't mess with the synergy between Siren's Song and Deafening Aura either, I know she is expensive but the fact that some of you guys support DA being removed makes me wonder if you have ever even deployed her. Siren's Song keeps champions close to her, DA punishes champions for being close to her or engaging her, why in the Firk would we want to keep champions close to our now dramatically support oriented champion who's only way to punish them is her measly 10 damage attack?

Moragen is a champ i have used a lot despite her price tag, she is awesome as she is and with slight changes she will be just as awesome except affordable. The change i suggested allows her to perform her two roles separately and effectively, and does so without ripping out some of her flavourful abilities and preventing the people who actually do play her from using her by killing one of her roles stone dead in the process.

TeaScholar likes this.
  17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

There are almost no champs on which that would be a bad ability. She should really keep it.

18. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

What if moragen had ethereal?

TeaScholar likes this.
  19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Lets try Ghost.

20. potatonuts

It's the entire reason Siren's Song is good, without it there is no reason to be scared of bumrushing her.