So now I remember why I prefer poxbox to the trader...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gwyndionnz, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Me: oh, so you want runes from faction x and faction y, no problem heres some from those factions that will give you good profit
    Trader: Denied
    Me: hmmmm, lets go all out and over bid by 200%
    Trader: Denied

Rinse and repeat with multiple traders.

Therefore discuss:
    a) how much profit is reasonable when trading new runes?
    b) how much profit is reasonable when trading runes from expacs that are available for gold?

2. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Trade sharks have already sold there soul to the devil. They are very lonely people. They have so many runes, but don't play because they are too busy ripping off people to attain them. "Profit" should never be a factor. This is a corrosive thing implemented and endorsed by decondor.

jeeperz2 and Goyo like this.
  3. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I have had decent luck with traders since I came back but I still use PoxBox for most deals. I think I have just been lucky avoiding many of the many sharks. As far as profit goes, it is a combination of demand for a specific rune and the traders level of douchebagness. Higher demand = higher profit which is then multiplied by the level of douchebagness. So a low demand rune from a trader who is a low level douchebag = 5% profit while the same rune from a high level douchebag = 400% profit.

Its just basic math.....duh

XFurionsX likes this.
  4. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I feel ya, I've been trying to get a lich magistrate for weeks but everyone is like "lol give 600k noob". I've all but given up on my dream that pivots on him, which makes me want to cry but oh well.

we just gotta wait until they make runes more accessable I guess...

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Deconder is really to blame with why people want overbids.

Before, Lich Magistrate was around 100k. Now it's like 400k... Yeah, sorry not going to trade my harbs for that.

6. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Agree. I dream of the day poxbox is no longer relevant.

7. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Yeah, poxbox is extremely overcost on the high end, probably due to the low supply of high end LE's and Exo's, but the system is near ideal.

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

we should make a movement to boycott using poxbox
    i also hope that devs in the future with help of councils can make a list with a predicted value for runes exotic and above so it can help new players to know exact price without manupliation

9. Pasiphae

Pasiphae The King of Potatoes

If you people think PoxBox is the root of the problem you are just silly. Greedy scumbags combined with a lack of easy acces to runes is the problem

RasielCZ, Sunutsu, Lauremoon and 2 others like this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Poxbox is nice for getting c/unc/r and some exotics. But when it comes to Legendaries and Limiteds it causes problems.

Before the revamp poxbox has a load of limiteds. I recall their being 20-30+ renovators. After the revamp he hid all the limiteds, and is slowly letting some back on the market.

11. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

They're scarce because he made them. One man shouldn't have that much power and gain so much profit over a game he doesn't even play.

12. chickenpox2

maybe if we have enough people we can ask gedden to rerelease some of the lims like
    doomies
    harbs
    recolur/holiday heroes
    since we have a large player base im sure they would like to get these runes.
    to make sure they don't think that it's a p2w we make it available to buy with gold.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I'd buck up and pay money for a number of those

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Hehehehe Gedden said he'll never release harbs again.

No idea why dooms weren't made legendaries with the 150ks and angels though.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. chickenpox2

im sure they won't say no to releasing dooms and holidays runes as wrll as some of those 300k runes like ctharia,pyro,grimtir aria and revv
    did miss anyone?

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I doubt they'll ever do a resale for Ctharia, Grimthir, Pyro/Aria/Ryv. They're only reskins.

17. chickenpox2

what about dooms mabye next Q&A we can ask if they can make Leg version of dooms and the holiday reskins

18. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Why on earth would they resell holiday reskins..

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

holidays again?

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The only thing I could possibly see happening with a resale, is if the next round of Holiday Skins they make a special "limited time offer" pack/box that will give you a (chance) reskin.

But my estimation is that they will just release new holiday reskins.

TheBulwark likes this.