So now that FW has THREE different sources of Backlash

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Centuros, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

How annoying is the soultap deck?

2. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the better question is how less annoying is the draw luck factor

3. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Need cheaper applicators of the tap, the best is Utterdark Fadewisp with poison, tap and good range (if they kept multi attack on him he might of been 1 of the most efficient champs) 2nd is Reverent ini and tap the 'Quick applicator', Shadestalker is third Exert and Phase shift.
    If you thought Skelly took some time to get set up try Backlash/soultap

tap.PNG

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ye, taplash probably works best in a split with FS for Psions and Psychic Anguish. It can do some neat stuff, feels under-explored right now.

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

looks to me like the leviathan could have its vaporize and soul feast upgrades swap paths. that way you could have the vaporize/resist magical or backlash/soul feast builds.

6. jsat

jsat The King of Potatoes

Would not be surprised if @Sokolov fleshed out this "perpedicular" theme in his review of themes. Mysian Lamia tweak could help it a lot as a viable source of psychic tap, cleaning up certain champs could too. Cleaning up our runes (utterdark with tap and with tap aura for example...ugh sandbag) and haunting spirit availability would go a long way. If this happens we could also look to how worms synergize, eye of serkan then becomes a new and actually efficient doombringer, pinging from a distance and self sustaining. Not sure if skeletons or zombies could play. Humans and wizard are fair game.

I would really like to see something that ties lifetap to dead magic zone like curse, a witch or otherwise (witches don't own dmz), or something that ties curse to soultap, perhaps as a revamp or as a new rune. This would allow for efficient application and interesting modularity to tie themes together.

The issue becomes nora gen, which as soon as soultap becomes easy to apply really racks up at twice the efficiency of tomb. So unless they halve the value of gen or something it would be very powerful. What I mean is, this ability, like tomb, does very little to add combat prowess, it is an instrument of capital investment. If your champs are strong enough to stand up and stabilize in the early game that means you are toe to toe...and you are likely to stay toe to toe for the short term while your Nora gen advantage accumulates until you win. If you are unable to stabilize early than it is moot. This, llike all momentum based mechanics (stitched, db) are hard to balance. That said...100 damage a turn at range and high speed kf balls of force also have inevitability (this is why @TeaScholar always tells himself "i don't care. Go. Fight them." when he plays db/meta...fw generally doesn't gain inevitability through critical mass of force as much as it does through efficient trades.

Two points...
    1. Tactical synergy with tap: this is like tap + 50% damage to tap, or heal 2 for each tap and lot's of tapped...advantage for fighting short term. This promotes diversity and modules and helps a bg with critical mass of tap compensate for not using best available tank etc ("meta"). You get blown out early without this.
    2. Strategic synergy: tap and lash is best here, but also curse and global curse damage. This sort of thing is inevitability generally, some powerful multi turn interaction. Soultap is this by itself, I doubt picking inefficient champions for even more long range gain is what tap will need, and I doubt taplash will provide enough short term tactical synergy to help tap reach later regardless.

Anyways, enough babble. Really excited by the prospects and another cross faction theme with different flavors coming out of the woodwork. Hopefully will have sufficient tools in 6 months.