So, now that we have it... what hands do you guys mulligan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrakeArron, Jul 29, 2016.

1. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Pretty much every card game in existence has this dilemma - what is the perfect hand, and when do you mulligan to try and find it? Up until now PoxNora was not one of those due to the scry system, however now that it is, I figure this is a topic worth discussing.

Personally, and part of the reason I ask, I never really find a hand I have a ton of incentive to mulligan. Normally I have plenty of champs in my opening hand with this new system, so I never find I really need to. Perhaps this means fewer champs are in order, or something else.

What do you guys think? What hands would you mulligan, and if your like me and pretty much never find the need to, how can we modify our decks to get the most out of them?

2. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I have never used it... Intentionally

3. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Interestingly, going 2nd have it easier to find a champ/other rune to counter your opponent's first champ.
    If I go first I want a good first turn champ to deploy.
    I have never had a problem not getting champs to deploy, so even if there is nothing wrong with my first hand, I tend to mulligan just to have a chance to get a better first turn deploy.
    (Currently playing Hyaenids, my go to first turn champ is Flamefist.)

JellyBerry and Qucas like this.
  4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Use it the same way as heartstone, mulligan when I don't draw very key runes from my deck/key runes for matchups/key runes for a certain map.

Mulligan when you don't have valdac in the opening hand basically.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'll mulligan any hand that doesn't have at least 1 of my harbs in it.

I need to show those off before I lose horribly, so it better be in the first few turns.

6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Sounds good on the FW Map with 5 fonts.
    Turn 1 deploy 1 random champ.
    Turn 2 deploy Harby and take over both your fonts, basically making the harby 9 nora cheaper.
    Can take over a font your first turn if going 2nd.
    Might be other maps with similar strategies.
    (Plus Harbinger have Scry, which in my opinion is a better ability now.)

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  7. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Great for "the collective" bgs

JellyBerry, kalasle and soulmilk like this.
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Mulligan away hands that don't have ED + Yard to start. Or, you know, other randy FW BS. Seems like a boost to the faction, honestly, because FW can have some nutso openers, but those are usually inconsistent.

JellyBerry likes this.