So sad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganMkv, Jan 22, 2015.

1. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

So we finally get some new runes after almost-eternity of waiting.
    Lots of cool new abilities, like in good old times.
    Let's take a look...

Wow, we got a FW psychic assassin-swarmer, should be great with amazing ST supports... oh, yes, revamp, we don't have those anymore.

But we got a soultap-on-psychic-dmg ability, so now we can ping stuff with mindthief and devastate it with soulfeasting surging EoS... wait, we don't have pings anymore, and the Eye can't have both soulfeast and surge

Maybe we got a cheap ranged bleed to aid seekers jump in and have fun? Nah, seekers lost fascinate and ps.

Why, owls, just why you don't want to revert that stupid revamp, don't you see that it hasn't changed anything, except crippling diversity?

2. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Hey now, Snakedancer got Class: Bard. That totally makes way for my KF Bard BG >.>

3. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

I always thought the revamp should've only addressed the last expansion (minotaurs/ferrens). I have no idea why @Gedden decided to modify everything when he didn't even understand how many of these runes worked. Some of these old runes only needed 1-2 abilities removed, not a complete revamp. He addressed correctly most of the last expansion, but for many runes out there he significantly reduce the amount of interesting combos in this game, and now it is hard for players to come out with their own custom combos.

If each player creating their own custom and interesting combos isn't important, then I don't know what is.

Gedden said he wanted to lower the meta, but what he doesn't understand is that lowering the meta makes the game stale and boring. There are still a lot of runes with the "Old meta strength" that proves my point, and many others that got shoeboxed. Maybe he should come to "When everything is overpowered, nothing is" without too much ability complexity creep.

I liked the new expansion tho.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I will begin theme reviews starting next week.

Etherielin, Goyo and Moles like this.
  5. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Is deep elf going to be implemented and UD elf race removed? Saw it like 2 weeks ago in rune checklist.
    Also why not make bok/hekatian a race?