so the English customs people stole my knife...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Geressen, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

You do need a drivers licence or some other ID though, about the same as in Europe. But yea, all the security mumbo jumbo and all the wars savce less lifes than a proper healthcare system ... Moderately fun fact, more people die in the US of TV's falling on them than of terrorism. Cue the war on falling TV's, right?

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If you look at it relative to the percentage of people that encounter a TV in their life compared to the percentage of people that encounter a terrorist, it skews the other way.

That's like the saying that you're more likely to get in a car accident within five miles of your home. If you add up all the driving the average person does, it is likely that more than 50% of the time they are within 5 miles of home.

3. Boozha

What does it matter, though? That people don't encounter terrorists is the whole damn point.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Not really, the point of the war on terrorism is supposedly to prevent terrorists from getting to the US where the average citizen could be killed.

I'm not saying the war on terrorism is a good thing, just that it reduces the likelihood of encountering terrorists in the US.

5. Boozha

The efficiency of the war on terror could be gauged by comparing how many people died to terrorism before and after it started, and then its justification assessed by comparing that to the losses it caused and resources it wasted. Hint: Not looking good

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Using that kind of logic you wouldn't be able to justify the war on drugs. I believe both exist to distract the average American from the real problem, American Politicians.

7. Boozha

I never intended to justify the war of drugs fortunately, it does a damn fine way of discrediting itself anyway :p

Wars are often a wonderful distraction from internal problems.

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I cant imagine why not.

9. Boozha

Yes you can

10. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

How does one destroy terror?

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Lots of missiles.

12. Ginx

Ginx Member

A good power turn or two as well as cleanse or iron will ofc. Did I hear 'merica? Also, the part about the only thing required to live in the old US of A being the passport is awesome. Getting the rough equivalent here in Japan was stupid difficult -.-

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

So it took more than 35+ years or being born there ?

Lobotomy.

14. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

PurpleTop likes this.
  15. Boozha

Coincidentally, Tullamore Dew also helps against Terror

16. Ginx

Ginx Member

What the Japan thing? More like months with the help of my company. All for the sale of working here for a contract of one year... From what I hear to be a citizen it takes a super long time (like you said) and possible having to change your name. No thanks sir the economy here is not so great that I would go that far. And @Chemical22 I would prefer a few bottles. One is never quite enough

17. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I bought a Harpy after seeing the movie Hannibal.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that only works against fear, fear can be dealt with, pants-shitting terror is uncontrollable.

19. Boozha

I insist that being slam drunk does quell your terror.

20. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Oh urban dictionary...

The distinguishing mark of someone who has had a full frontal lobotomy is a nice pair of scars around the temples. The survival rate of the operation was vastly increased after the discovery of the lead pipe, which could be used to knock patients unconscious before the operation and meant surgery was no longer performed on people who were awake.

The full frontal lobotomy has long been criticized by the medical profession, as many are repulsed at the idea of destroying healthy tissue. The procedure while seemingly barbaric has been found particularly effective in controlling politicians.

Tesco began offering full frontal lobotomies with a four pack of tinned spaghetti in 1999.
    "Let's go to the supermarket for some pasta and a full frontal lobotomy."

Patient: "Doctor I received this injury while drinking last night."
    Doctor: "That seems to be an unidentified drinking injury. The only known cure is a full frontal lobotomy."

Jimmy's Mum: "Jimmy, you've hardly said a word since your lobotomy."
    Jimmy: "Mhhwuahhg."

Geressen likes this.