So...the lists continues...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MakarovJAC, Jul 2, 2015.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

I was about to write up yet another list of stuff which can be packed up into a single bg, which is true for a handful of factions, but impossible for others. But I decided to take it one step further.

I've been bound to talk about this, but when I heard the reason for nerfing Recharge being "preventing abuse in the future", I wonder how much of this is true. True as in "If this faction has access to this, this and this, we shouldn't give them that, those, and these. Never; unless the other guys which only have these, these, and these get this, those, and that too". I feel that is true only with a few Wrath factions where, if they have got lesser this, and maybe this, we are never going to give them anything else.

The reason behind the first list I wrote, for those who remember, was to point out how is it that providing a faction with different stuff all the time, with varying levels of effectiveness, will potentially lead to swizss-knife BGs in such a fashion they can shrug off most threads by playing the same stuff against them all. Specially when a single champ can do several things at the same time, and the next champion summoned does all the rest the first one cannot.

Isn't that like killing the whole point of "preventing abuse in the future"?

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The reason Recharge was nerfed was because it was causing problems on several runes. Upon inspection of those runes, I determined that Recharge was a large part of the problem and that even if we removed the interactions from the existing runes, the problem was bound to come up again as long as Recharge was the way it was.

Lushiris likes this.
  3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I don't think he expected you to be the one to reply Sok. I'd say the OP is somehow related to Sheoul Magus. Yes Makarov, I KNOW IT ALL.

4. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Actually, I was expecting him to reply. That's why I didn't bothered with the list to begin with. What I was surprised was the haste with what he replied.