So, the Steam Summer Sale is on...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Andralexis, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Suggestions for new games? Must-haves?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

playing cs go, other then that, I too am open to suggestions

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

When FTL Advanced Edition goes on sale, if you don't have it, grab it. It is the best game I've played in a long time. I also just started playing Don't Starve and X-Com Enemy Unknown. Both are a lot of fun.

As they mention on reddit, Until the last day of the sale (check the countdowns on each game page), DON'T BUY A GAME UNLESS IT'S A DAILY DEAL, FLASH SALE, OR COMMUNITY CHOICE. If a game is a daily deal, flash sale, or community choice THE PRICE WILL NOT GO LOWER. Additionally, major titles are most likely going to be all three at least once.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/

4. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Skyrim

Yelmo likes this.
  5. Andralexis

What do I do if I want to buy the Legendary Edition but I already have the base game? Do you receive an extra copy of Skyrim, or is it wasted? If the latter, is there a way to circumvent that?

EDIT: Mostly because I have a couple of friends that could use the extra Skyrim copy.

6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I'm not entirely sure.... i bought it during the summer sale last year but didn't already have it on steam (already had it on xbox tho)..... so I wouldn't be able to tell you :/. I will say tho, the DLC's are absolutely worth getting if you dont have them. Maybe there will be a summer sale that only adds the dlc's. In any case, it's my favorite game. The mods make it fantastic

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Often when a game goes on sale, the DLC packs will go on sale for the same percentage off.

8. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I just get everything :p

9. Skybloom

Skybloom I need me some PIE!

10. Dovahkhiin

Dovahkhiin Member

Eh, I've been playing Naruto: Ninja Storm 3, been enjoying it even if I never watched the show, also got Shadow Run Returns, looking forward to that, Cthulu saves the World is definitely good if its still on sale. Also worth a buy, Frozen Synapse, Pay Day 2 (But wait until next community choice), Witcher 2 is fantastic, so is Far Cry 3 and Xcom. Also check out Skull Girls, if that goes on daily get it, it's already a great buy at its base price.

Lushiris likes this.
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you done fffed up, theseare required in the OP:

12. Andralexis

Already got Frozen, SRR, Witcher 2 and Xcom. I'll wait for Pay Day 2 and would go for Naruto and Skull Girls if I weren't fed up with Kishimoto and Ahad. (Ahad has been an ass since he left Gaia, and Kishimoto has been lost in/with Naruto for years).

Thanks for the suggestions!

Still debating if the three Bioshocks (no shooter fan) or just Infinite.

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

If you haven't played the first two, you should.

14. Dovahkhiin

Dovahkhiin Member

Eh, without context of the show I've loved Naruto, sad that theres no AU servers, furious that they gave me a EU version so I can't even get queued with Asians easily, sent in a support ticket to Volvo hoping that they let me swap for a Asia version, but alas, to no avail.

Also: I wasn't to enamored with Bioshock: Infinite, I thought the story was alright, but honestly, the first two are infinitely better imo

EDIT: Also, Warlock 2 is on sale for the next 16 odd minutes as of this edit, played the first one, apparently the second is better, alas, I don't have the funds in my wallet to find out :(

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Skyrim is 75% off, guess im getting that Bane Shift

Also Age of Empires, the memories

Geressen likes this.
  16. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Bought Democracy 3.

The US is realistically nuts, I can tell.

Geressen likes this.
  17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

have it, little bro just got it.

played a certain level in 2 too much
    * a voice of a memory in Gerben's head speaks from the long darkness of the past* : "did you know there are three diffirent modes of the minimap?"

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I skipped the second, what do?

19. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Shadowrun returns is just amazing, love that game. The two main campaigns are great. I only stopped playing after I finished both with every build I liked, lol.

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Proceed with caution.