So this seven muslim countries travel ban

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Feb 1, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

theirs exemptions under the EO that allows the entry of religious minorites, with the excuse of fear they will be attacked.

if you want proof just look for the exemption in the EO.

if you don't feel like looking it up here is the segment

(b) Upon the resumption of USRAP admissions, the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, is further directed to make changes, to the extent permitted by law, to prioritize refugee claims made by individuals on the basis of religious-based persecution, provided that the religion of the individual is a minority religion in the individual's country of nationality. Where necessary and appropriate, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security shall recommend legislation to the President that would assist with such prioritization.

(e) Notwithstanding the temporary suspension imposed pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security may jointly determine to admit individuals to the United States as refugees on a case-by-case basis, in their discretion, but only so long as they determine that the admission of such individuals as refugees is in the national interest -- including when the person is a religious minority in his country of nationality facing religious persecution, when admitting the person would enable the United States to conform its conduct to a preexisting international agreement, or when the person is already in transit and denying admission would cause undue hardship -- and it would not pose a risk to the security or welfare of the United States.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Tweek516, BurnPyro and darklord48 like this.
  2. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

Another fine example of how blind and biased the left on this forum is.

so trump talks about a muslim ban but then the law doesnt actually ban muslims. so if you want to say trump lied ok im cool with that. if we want to fact check him he lied and did not institute muslim ban.

here is how the sok is blinded by his side and is intellectually dishonest, he has other posts in this thread about how the right lies etc and acts like the left doesnt.

there was not a peep in this forum from him or the others about how obama lies to everyone saying the ACA was not a tax. then when pushed through even supreme court says it was a tax, so he completely lied but in soks mind thats ok and not seen because its his side. its why no one who is objective takes the typical left serious right now.

right now the left is screaming trump lied because he did not institute a muslim ban, but never said a peep on this forum about obama lying saying its not a tax and how horrible that is. thats how you can tell hes just pushing propaganda and not facts or real concern about political lies..sad really because i think he would be better at it by now, but then again he is probably still certain USA is a democracy.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You're right, it doesn't ban muslims, it bans everyone, but has exceptions that can be made for religious minorities in the country.

BurnPyro and ssez like this.
  4. calisk

does it matter what obama did? this isn't a **** waving contest, you know what I never heard out of obama's mouth as a president. "but bush did X so leave me alone", it's a pathetic childish excuse that I am hearing out of the trump administration way too much.

I don't care much for either president but as a president the least you should expect from them is personal responsibility for their decisions

BurnPyro likes this.
  5. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

it absolutely matters when one persons whole argument is...omg the right lies and acts like the left doesnt. you may take that argument serious but i know better.

6. calisk

well if that was my argument then i'd agree, I don't think trump has lied about anything when it comes to the travel ban, he said he'd do a muslim ban, and he has done a muslim ban in the only way it would be legally possible. how is any of that a lie?

That said saying obama lied does not excuse trump from lieing even if he did, your subscribing to the "two wrong make a right" fallacy, to loosely use a trump reference obama could of shot a man dead in the streets, it would have no bearing on the trump administration

7. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

thanks for posting facts its always more constructive. I completely agree with your post.

I would also just say religious minorities cover more than just christians. I wonder if the left will say great job trump for looking after minorities :)

8. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

because tons of muslims are still coming in every day. thats just a simple fact. 7 countries arent the only place that contains muslims. you know saudi arabia is loaded with them and they can still travel here etc right ?

by definition its not a muslim ban since tons of muslims are still allowed in.

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think that depends on how selective they are in determining what a religious minority is. Does it apply only to Christians, Buddhists, Jews, and Sikh, or does it also apply to different sects of Muslims? If it is enforced based on major religion, then I would argue it is a Muslim ban, but if Shi'a Muslims are allowed through the exception then it is not a Muslim ban.

10. calisk

yes tons of muslims are coming in every day from the nations that have actually performed terroist attacks including egypt an what not, and are also closer allies or are close economic partners like saudi arabia.

if these countries were less relevant tactically or economically they'd be at the top of the list otherwise why do a ban at all in the name of ND and leave out the ones that actually are the origin of multiple attacks, but even that is meaningless since you guys can do what ever you want with your borders just have the balls to call it what it is, you banned all muslims from 7 countries.

11. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

I would think the admin will lump muslims "sects"together saying they are "muslim" like how christian "sects" are lumped together as christian in government studies etc.

12. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

glad you agree there is no muslim ban!

also my only point in bringing up obama was to point out how sok is a hypocrite or blind to the fact that the left lies also. i didnt say obama did anything with this ban so your sort of projecting things i did not say.

also as to why places like saudi wasnt banned has to do with leverage and things like them agreeing to safe zones. I also agree that if they werent valuable tactically etc they would possibly be bans on them too.

13. calisk

no i don't agree and the fact that you think I do is sad.

banning muslims from 7 countries is still a muslim ban even if you let muslims in from others for political reasons.

If I ban christians from rome but let them in from other places are you claiming it's not a christian ban?

Tweek516 likes this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I like calisk.

He still have the optimism and decency to continue these discussions in a civil way that I can not.

Tweek516 likes this.
  15. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

youre putting things in the law that arent there. 7 countries have been banned, religious exceptions are made for minorities. thats just a fact.

if you "banned christians from rome" you would have banned christians from rome. it wouldnt be a "christian ban" since other christians are let in, it would be a "roman christian ban" if you prefer.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

If someone signs in a law that says people with ovaries can not vote it would technically not be taking womens voting rights.

right @profhulk and @ssez

17. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

correct since all women dont have ovaries, it would be a person with ovaries ban. get them removed and go vote!:)

18. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

whats funny to me is im not even arguing a side with this..im just arguing to speak about it correctly. in this day and age false statements to highten propaganda really do no good.

im not even on the right, i am for abortion,gay marriage, womens rights and other typical left issues. using false facts and statements isnt the way to win me over on a topic though. the left seems to think its a great idea and it works! i say then keep it up and keep wondering why they keep losing!

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

See, they are not incredibly right wing like we thought, it is worse, they are bureaucrats.

It is clear that this was worded in a way that makes it not overtly illegal/unconstitutional but we are not fooled no matter how much you want us to be.

20. calisk

lawyers more then bureaucrats.

the only people I've ever seen deny logic so hard is lawyers, but that's why they went with travel ban since it would be so easy to defend in court at least against accusations of it targeting religion though his completely inept implementation of it has lead to numerous law suits.

Geressen likes this.