So this seven muslim countries travel ban

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

2. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

yea i should have used hydrogen,i was seperating that from atomic...but yea i think both are techically nukes

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

much news from there, all of it depressing.

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Kind of confused me when it was Obama essentially demonizing Russia (not that it's hard to do) while extending the metaphorical olive branch to Iran and stuff, even before the whole accusation of hacking thing. I'm half wondering if Trump is just trying to do the opposite of what Obama's done rather than following an actual guiding principle. Most likely though it depends a bit on how friendly the nations have been to him personally, how willing to renegotiate where he wants to as well.

I do think SOME of the "worsening relations" with not-Russia is in part due to media reactions, and some in part due to several politicians condemning Trump personally. The UN for example had, for the first time, declared a preference in the US election, and the EUC had made clear what it wanted as well. None of those are likely to make Trump inclined to work with them (even if he should, because diplomacy, and besides, if anything they gave themselves a weaker position in a way).

Of course a lot of that tracks back to his stated immigration goals. Foreign nations of course want easy(easier?) access through other nations' boarders, even if they don't always reciprocate. It facilitates trade among other things. Specific to refugees (or any other mass migration though to a potentially lesser extent), it eases their own nation's burdens by having another place to split them into.*

With the US making travel and especially refugees harder to come in, it hurts nations not even related to the ones that specifically got banned.

But I digress.

TL;DR: "Give peace a chance... FFS."

*(And yes there are burdens, even if many are temporary.)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

To be fair, Russia did sorta-kinda-invade a neighbor recently.

BurnPyro likes this.
  6. Sokolov

As the Altantic article (and many others) point out, the countries banned produce very few of the terrorists that have historically done harm to the United States, and it is believed that those countries have actually killed 0 Americans on US soil.

According to the daily caller (http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/29/n...percent-of-muslim-terrorists-zero-fatalities/):

"President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Friday suspending entry into the United States for people from seven predominantly Muslim nations for 90 days. Those seven nations — Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen — have produced 7 percent of all the Muslim terrorists who have carried out terrorist attacks in the United States since September 2001.

Not a single person has died in any of the attacks perpetrated in the United States by terrorists from the seven blocked countries since 2001.

Thus, countries unaffected by Trump’s travel ban have produced 93 percent of the perpetrators of terror attacks — and all of the deaths from terror attacks — in the United States in the last 15 years.

Of these seven countries, only Iran and Somalia have produced anyone who has perpetrated an act of terrorism in the United States."​

That said, we do have info on which countries have a lot of terrorism activity, which is not the same as "causing" attacks but most terrorism stays at home or within the region.

This has some info:
    https://ourworldindata.org/terrorism/

upload_2017-2-5_17-57-46.png

upload_2017-2-5_18-0-17.png

This one is calculated as "deaths, injuries and property damage."

~

A different graphic from another source, this one based on total deaths in 2013:

upload_2017-2-5_18-2-35.png

Forbes has similar lists here:
    http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcom....google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

~

Total fatalities of Americans:

upload_2017-2-5_18-4-10.png

https://www.start.umd.edu/pubs/START_AmericanTerrorismDeaths_FactSheet_Oct2015.pdf

~

Note: I am not suggesting those countries shouldn't be on a list, just providing some information.

Attached Files:

Etherielin and Ohmin like this.
  7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Sure, sorta-kinda. But the US (and most of NATO) has been doing that sort of thing in multiple countries, and with less "sorta-kinda" distinction in some cases. Granted, not our neighbors, but none the less... I'm not seeing that as too large of a barrier here, odd as it may seem. I suppose I also look at Turkey, which seemed to have much higher tension with Russia until recently, being willing to work with them and... *shrug* I suppose that's a much more recent development and other stuff happened since but...

Anyway, back on topic... as I've had a little more time to look into this topic (but not the thread, so apologies if this is redundant), it seems that the seven nations on the ban are comprised of a list compiled under Obama's administration as nations of concern (not sure the full details of what that means or why those seven specifically; what, if any, nations were left off or added).

It also seems that there were a couple of other Federal judges that had ruled in Trump's favor concerning the bans (and seriously, arguing over whether or not to call it a ban, in spite of Trump and others having previously called it such, is pointless, even if it wasn't one, for the sake of convenience people should just go with it at this point), but the 9th Circuit decided to uphold the one that stops the EO. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing; it certainly makes it look ideologically based more than ruling based on legality, which could harm the push to remove/prevent another ban in the long run.

I'm certainly interested to see how things turn out.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But you've been posting comedy in this thread from the start

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Simpleton

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I mean sure

You can argue that the actual policy and the implication are techinically two different things, however in this case the policy and implication are so similar (again, especially taking his compaign promise into account), it's hardly a misleading a very title.

You've got a point, but I dont feel like I was intentionally misleading people.

Edit: editted title for more clarity

11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

More insults, nothing worthwhile. Your a typical liberal man, complains, hurls insults, but never produces any results, we will see who was right in about 2 or 3 years =).

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

lmao what are you even on about

all you do is throw around a lot of statements, no facts whatsoever and claim the world is doomed because of muslims

me and others have produced multiple evidence that suggests the contrary, you have nothing. you're a typical average intelligence idiot who thinks he's smarter than everyone else because "i know things they don't tell you in the mainstream media hur dur". You're the same idiot you were in Pox when you were at rank 800 with 801 people playing. A big ego but nothing to back it up with

Right now, there's all the evidence in this thread suggesting this travel ban is hugely misdirected as it's targetting the wrong countries, meanwhile you have produced what? 0 links, 0 evidence to bogus claims that europe is gonna fall in 2-3 years based of what, gut feeling?

You're an insult to an intelligent conversation.

You're just as delusional as profhulk. Both display the same "im not partisan, im a special kind of tinfoil hat instead" traits. Both can't produce evidence to back up your idiotic and outrageous claims. Both convinced some guys in a smoke lit room are pulling the strings and only you know what is REALLY going on.

Newflash, the train to fairy tale world left long ago

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  13. super71

Ehh i've produced pages upon pages of evidence multiple times lol, you didn't read any of it and any headway that logical people make on these forums is removed, or the thread is closed. We were asked to stop posting links as it was not listed as " credible evidence". Your an angry little man and that's about it, your as liberal as it gets as are these forums. You hurl insults and like each others posts, it's cute and all but it gets old.

I've shut you down in multiple threads, with facts, links, and the like and you have disappeared every single time. You can only have an intelligent conversation if people are willing to have an open mind, and how you see this travel ban as misdirected is beyond me, I agreed with you that the ban should have been placed on multiple other countries but it wasn't. You talk tough on the internet, but your a kid and sometimes I forget that. I don't know what made you so angry but you might wanna channel that into something productive.

Bottom line, most Muslims would love nothing more than Sharia law worldwide and it's already happening in Europe. As I said before we will see who is right in a couple years, and when all of Europe is experiencing Sharia law I will take you back to this thread and my point will be proven.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-absolute-compatible-German-legislation.html

That is just a start, once they claim more powerful positions it will be twice as bad.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/europe-attacks.aspx

What you don't seem to understand is these people blame Europe, and America for all their problems. They aren't coming here to assimilate, their culture does not blend with ours, they will impose Sharia law eventually and it will be everyday Europeans that suffer as they already are. My suggestion to you, go outside and see what's going on visit places like Germany, France, I have and their is no way in hell I'd visit again anytime soon.

Practicing Christianity in the Middle East can get you stoned to death, beheaded, hung, last I checked other religions don't do any of that to Muslims, we build them mosques and give them prayer time during work, and take down our religion from schools and the like.

I'm curious also if any of you have been to the middle east ever, I have and it's nothing like America or Europe.

Listen to about the last minute or two.

People wanna protest and march and all that, but my question is why aren't they protesting for women's rights in the Middle East, how about gays ?You all say were racist because we don't support Islam and taking in refugees that could be dangerous. Well then your all racist for taking in a culture that murders, rapes gays.

Do you not see how this all is such a double standard pile of garbage yet ? I think i'll take gays and women's rights over a culture that kills both for just existing.

You might also wanna check out how many mosques are being built in Europe in the near future, and being funded by Saudi Arabia which as you and I agreed is one of the terrorist hot spots.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

lol @ super swallowing anti muslim propaganda whole and calling it proof.

we live in europe, the above is like us saying you live through school shootings multiple times a day. yes there are cases but less than we both make it out to be. I already said I think the extremists should be thrown out on their ass, but I am not going to compromise our constitutions or human rights and go full on Apartheid on a bunch of innocents.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Etherielin likes this.
  15. super71

Again you said nothing worthwhile, you hurled a few insults and that's it and your fanboys showed up. It just gets old, so many of you just are to young to have adult conversations.

We will see I suppose, more Muslims are coming in the next few years. The mosques will spread all across Europe, and when it comes time for you to need help, europes strongest ally will not be willing to handle your enemies for you anymore.

Saudi Arabia is already looking to build a couple hundred more mosques in Germany for starters :), and from their they will train more extremists and we will see more terror attacks in Europe.

Enjoy, I'll check back next year around this time and see how everything's going.

I think Europe needs to start understanding that it's the United States that has kept you safe for so long, no super power has ever said they are afraid of Europe. If it weren't for the United States you'd all be speaking German right now, and wondering how you lost to one little country in Germany. What do you think China or Russia would do to you if Europe wasn't a United States ally ?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I hurled no insults. I merely laughed at something you did and you took it as an insult,
    furthermore; someone liking my post is hardly fanboys.
    Yet you insult me and try to discredit my views while you keep shouting "the end is nigh!"

you have a very weird perception of this world. it is interesting... I wish to understand it,
    however:
    Pot, meet kettle.

there*
    English is not a difficult language. that is why we all learned it as a second or third.

Etherielin likes this.
  17. Sokolov

https://lawfareblog.com/its-not-foreigners-who-are-plotting-here-what-data-really-show

Some excerpts:

"One quick additional caveat: These data provide an incomplete picture. The FBI has open cases on individuals who have not been arrested, many of whom never will be; the demographics of those subjects are obviously not available to the public. In a meeting with the National Association of Attorneys General in February 2015, FBI Director James Comey told the group that the FBI is investigating ISIL sympathizers in all 50 states. Moreover, to the extent I am relying on criminal complaints to categorize a subject and the threat he or she poses to the U.S., understand that only a tiny fraction of an FBI case file is declassified and included in public documents. So you should understand what follows as a representation of that subset of the data that is available to the public."

"The Program on Extremism at George Washington University has routinely published statistics indicating that the “vast majority” of individuals charged in the U.S. with offenses related to ISIL are U.S. citizens. When considering all terrorism offenses, that claim holds up—80 of the 97 suspects arrested in the past two years, or more than 82 percent, are American citizens.

Most of those, notably, are not naturalized citizens. Of the U.S. citizens, only six were naturalized. In other words, more than 76 percent of individuals arrested by the FBI over the past two years for terrorism-related offenses were U.S. citizens as a result of having been born in the United States."

"To sum up, since January 1, 2015, the FBI has arrested two refugees from countries on Trump’s list."

"Since January 2015, the FBI has also arrested more anti-immigrant American citizens plotting violent attacks on Muslims within the U.S. than it has refugees, or former refugees, from any banned country. As we wrote about here, here and here, in October 2016, three white men from Kansas were charged with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction. According to the graphic complaint, the anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant men planned to attack a mosque in the area. The men progressed quickly with their plot, amassing firearms and explosives. The targets were people from Somalia, who ironically, would now be covered by Trump’s order."

"But if the purpose of the Executive Order is to keep Americans safe by keeping foreigners from certain countries out, it surely bears emphasis that the empirical data indicate that foreign nationals simply aren’t plotting attacks within U.S. borders at the same rate as U.S. citizens. Indeed, the rates aren’t anywhere close to comparable."

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

So US citizens are all terrorists. and they are allowed to own guns!

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

America has 2-3 years left before these gun owners rise up and implement sharia law

I mean, America has already fallen

Geressen likes this.