So this seven muslim countries travel ban

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Feb 1, 2017.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

real question

why is it so acceptable in the US to be misinformed to the point of insanity? Like does profhulk just never go outside or do people just not talk about "hey you think jews are taking over the world and our govt, perhaps you're quite crazy there"?

That opinion would be ridiculed without a chance at redemption here. What is it in the US that makes "all opinions equal, regardless of value"?

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Where does it say in the executive order " I Trump ban travel from muslim countries, and I banz youz muzlims?" Where does it say that? You are obsessed with this stupid narrative that trump is banning muslims...... He put a travel ban on countries that have high populations of terrorists, refugees, and have been bombed to crap by drones and obama's stupid foreign policy The echo chamber is alive and well in these forums. Every time you say Trump is banning muslims or muslim countries I just lol.... You are wrong.
    [​IMG]

3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Not a ban on muslims or muslim countries
    [​IMG]

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

We already established your opinion is worthless, no need to double post.

5. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i think normally we try to stay away from in-person political confrontation, and instead opt into biased echo chambers

with the further right, i think you also add in a dash of american exceptionalism- here meaning that without effort america is great (instead of by our effort america is great). having done that, you sprinkle some old-timey frontier mentality on, so that everyone can feel like they're protecting their families all by themselves from the ravages of the world. it's like larping, almost, but with more serious implications

i tend to think of it as taking the rights without the responsibilities, but that's a pretty generalized view

edit- also i find it pretty hard to distinguish between trolls, people who normally troll but are serious, and people that are completely serious. for these polit threads, at least

further edit- i also find the difference so small as to be meaningless

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Tweek516, badgerale and BurnPyro like this.
  7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Show me where Trump said he specifically said " I ban travel from muslim countries and I ban muslims" in the executive order. You can't all you have to throw at me are ad hominem attacks, character attacks, and quote news articles from idiots pushing an agenda.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

See, you didn't have to say "I am an idiot", your actions in this thread were more than sufficient.

It's like that, so it's not too surprising that you don't understand that either.

Tweek516 likes this.
  9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's interesting that on the one hand, profhulk liberally interprets a 2015 Republican Bill that gave DHS the power to scrutinize and restrict VISA access as Obama doing the EXACT SAME THING in 2011 as Trump's EO... but on the other hand when it comes to Trump's EO, he focuses solely on the HOW and refuses to discuss any context around it and wants to only talk about the technical details of the order.

The problem is, we all know WHY - it's ISIS/Muslim terrorists - even Trump himself said as much during his campaign, it was LITERALLY a campaign promise (that MANY other conservatives consider fulfilled, incidentally, so I don't know how he can fulfill a promise to ban Muslim immigration without a ban on it?). So pretending it isn't about Muslims in particular is just silly, and he knows it. Heck, saying it targets Muslim isn't even a judgement, it's just what it ACTUALLY does when applied in the real world - why are we pretending that what actually occurs doesn't matter and we should only focus on the technical details of the words, especially when it's pretty bloody obvious what the actual effects are?

The bottom line is that profhulk is simply pushing the false narrative of the right wing propaganda machine: "it's not a Muslim ban" in order to distract people from the fact that the EO is ill-conceived and bungled.

This is why I made that post about false narratives and conservatives. This is the same thing they always do.

For example, what do they say about their laws that restrict abortions? They claim it's about "women's health." Give me a break, we all know you are after abortions. Want to outlaw gay marriage? Oh, it's about "protecting families" and "religious freedom." Yea, I don't see you protecting families from domestic violence and divorce.

It's pretty dishonest if you ask me, but it does seem to be how they roll.

Tweek516 and BurnPyro like this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

can we just agree that devalueing the lives of people who do not share your nationality and especially refugees who need help is a dangerous precedent and that maybe the US should not sell out basic humanitarian decency in favour of fake security out of fear?

BurnPyro likes this.
  11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

OH I understand the complete pipe dream you live in. You fail to thoroughly read US legislation but you wish to virtue signal to all the lefties in here. You gobble up all the false narratives being pushed because they conform to what you believe in your own mind. I can't find the H.R. legislation the obama administration put forth in 2011 prohibiting travel from Iraq, but thats ok. The H.R. bill from 2015 I posted was not a ban but thats ok. You know why because there is nothing in that travel ban executive order from Trump that says he banned muslims or banned travel from muslim countries.

12. Sokolov

Incidentally, I am still waiting for an explanation as to how a 2015 Republican Congress Bill could have allowed Obama to ban immigration/refugees from 7 countries in 2011.

It seems FASCINATING.

Tweek516, NevrGonaGivUup and BurnPyro like this.
  13. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I don't have to explain anything. I made a mistake. Obama never signed the 2015 bill nor the 2011 bill. Still changes nothing about Trump's executive order he never says he banned muslims or travel from muslim countries. Trump is improving upon H.R. 158.
    http://www.snopes.com/trump-immigration-order-obama/

14. Sokolov

That's all I wanted to hear.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It targets Muslims. Confirmed. The plight of Muslims trying to immigrate is way down on the list of stuff I care about. Canada and Belgium and all those other countries you knobs keep saying is better than USA will provide them a better life, yeah? I mean, according to Burnpyro our press isn't even top 10, why would anyone want to come here? I'm sure Sok was forced here on threat of bodily harm. So the ban is actually working in their favor,they can go to somewhere much better!

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

You sold them propaganda and promised them a better life

and you don't back out of a promise.

if you back out of a promise it means you cannot be trusted

and if you can not be trusted then we cannot be allies.

17. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Trump calling for his muslim ban ( there are 100's of these videos since the muslim ban was huge part of his campaign)

this one is interesting interviewing rudy about the planning of the muslim ban

he states exactly how he got called up and asked to put the muslim ban into effect legally and says that the whole travel ban is just how they did it

Tweek516, BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Thank you. I understand that there are millions of videos that say "muslim ban" trump says this trump says that and all these hysterical people are promoting this, but I have read the executive order and the only vocabulary used is "foreign nationals" and "those with terrorist ties". In fact the only section that even mentions religion at all is the section that talks about individuals of minority religions in those countries to be given travel priority to USA as they are at risk of being killed by terrorists. I am judging this whole situation by the executive order and not by youtube.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...-nation-foreign-terrorist-entry-united-states

19. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Wow...

You have a near infinite number of videos with trump claiming he is going to do a muslim ban, and his subordinates saying trump asked them to do a Muslim ban and this is your conclusion.

If I tell you train a is heading to location b and will arrive at the location in 1 hour are you actually capable of telling me where that train will be in one hour? Maybe you have a mental disability that prevents you from following simple logical patterns

You can say that the EO says nothing about religion but it is not an argument defending it when you have claims from the people who made it that it is designed that way as it is the only way it would be legal to do.

Tweek516 and BurnPyro like this.
  20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Where is your proof that Christians from those countries are being allowed in? This is the first I've heard of it.