So uh, the US just attacked the Syrian govt

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Apr 7, 2017.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

again just putting words in my mouth

If you weren't senile, you would have remembered me saying on different occasions that I said the whole "but Putin and Trump are lovers" narrative is overblown. Not saying there couldn't be something there, but the media is jacking off so wildly over it and people are going crazy over nothing. Like I said, if there's proof that something concrete happened or is happening, whatever, but until then I couldn't care less.

2. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

There was no gassing (atleast not on Assad's part). It makes zero sense. In 2013 the exact same thing played out. Assad invites OPWC and UN inspectors. No evidence is found and he also relinquishes all chemical weapon under Syrian control. There is no way the Syrian administration did the exact same thing that was already tried as an excuse for intervention barely four years ago. Unless the whole govt is composed of 20 IQ monkeys or Assad is actively trying to give America a pretext for intervention (??). Not to mention they were just getting the country under control. Why not use chemicals in Allepo when things were much more dire? Gassing your own civilians makes for a frightening story, unfortunately one that is not very grounded in reality.

Also Israel and Saudi Arabia use them all the time. Do you guys even realize what's going on in Yemen atm? Where are American bombers??

Ohmin and BurnPyro like this.
  3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yeah sorry, should have said this is assuming it was sarin - which it looks to be.

4. Saandro

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Ragic is being the voice of reason here,

the world is a scary place.

7. Saandro

And you honestly believe any of this? It's all just a bunch of propaganda.

Explain me one good reason why the Syrian government would do this. You can't because it makes no logical sense.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Humans are logical?
    I am going to need more proof of that because your information changes everything.
    if it is illogical for them to do it then logically if they were to do it nobody would suspect them.

making doing it a viable option for them to logically take but if they knew we would follow this logic then they would logically decide against it, unless they thought we would follow that logic so they did do it?

9. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

i wouldn't trust mainstream western media for facts or opinions about the middle east.
    since its well known that that western civilization has been in an antagonistic stance vs the middle east for a greater part of its history. ( holy crusades etc )
    plus there are too many players who just want to increase their own power ( israel,saudi arabia) that are manipulating whats going on along with russia and the us.
    the main reason why the us itself doesn't want any more regional powers in the middle east is because they'd probably end up being antiamerican due to past history.
    since we haven't exactly been nice folks.

ideally i'd like it if someone just took control over the whole region. destroyed israel/saudi made a huge empire and just told everyone else to ********. basically the old ottoman empire.
    as it stands lives are being manipulated today all for the sake of profit. you can bet that the us doesn't really care about democracy in these countries all they want is puppet countries where they can sell arms and steal oil or whatever else resource it is they want.

israels reasons for manipulating the region. more land more water and more wealth for its future. from what i've read they basically want to take over a huge chunk of the middle east over.
    saudi arabia's reason same as above. though they aren't as skillful as israel and lack the kind of american support that israel gets. the main reason they can't really be attacked by israel etc is because its basically the holy land for muslims. they are basically like the vatican/catholic church if you attacked them you'd end up angering every other muslim around the world and be ****ed up.
    creating an actual terrorist war not the fake one we have now.

then there are other countries such as turkey,jordan,etc all of them have their own interests at heart.
    i don't feel like explaining what us or russia role is since you should all know.

basically there is no side of good or evil because all the sides are evil. us/russia neither of them have the best interests of the people who live in this region.
    you can bet if israel could press a big red button that'd kill everyone else in the region with no repercussions to them they'd press it, same for saudi.
    i can say all this because my own country was ruined due to the us and russia's proxy wars.
    so if you wana trust mainstream news go ahead but unless you are willing to go risk your life and travel to those countries yourself and research whats actually going on.
    you'll also be misled by whoever else is controlling the news where you live.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Saandro likes this.
  10. Saandro

This is the government and the leader of a country. Not an emotionally unstable psychopath. Why didn't they use this gas before when the country was in a much worse state? Why use it now on a relatively unimoprtant piece of land? When they just got the country under control? Why do the exact same thing that was already tried and failed in 2013? Using ''WMDs'' is about the stupidest thing anyone could do in this situation. The fact some people still believe muh WMDs excuses in this day is mind boggling. Are you telling me they wouldn't know this would re-ignite the war and prolong it? Does the Syrian government want more war? It's the most blatant attempt of someone badly wanting to extend it. And I doubt it's Assad and his administration.

Also irony: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...io/iframe/twitter.min.html#375609403376144384

And who is praising Trump now after all the bad press? The western MSM.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

... you say this as if an emotionally unstable psychopath can't lead a country but History shows they often do.

they did.

it had people who did not agree with them on it

lol what

how come the goverment is only competent when it suits you?

for the war to end a lot of people still need to die.

and Praise is a strong word to use here. but if that is what you want sure.

12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Burn, Gressen. I apologize. I know you guys are just stirring the pot most of the time, but there are some truly dumb fekkers in this forum. I'll try to reserve my disdain for them.

Geressen likes this.
  13. Saandro

So Assad did this because he is evil basically?

Holy Bane Shift you people are dumb.

Also call me when America responds to Israeli or Saudi use of chemical weapons or their general aggression.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's like how super and darkjello make you look... uhm... less something.

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

eh give or take

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

none of us have placed assad on a moral scale.

for the war to end a great many people have to stop fighting
    if people are dead they no longer fight
    chemical weapons kill people and may affect morale

You can't just make Assad/Syrian goverment out to be a beacon of logic in one post and then ignore the other side of it in your next.
    as you said other countries have used weapons that are seen as horrific and faced no reprecussions. so that makes it an option doesn't it?

Ohmin likes this.
  17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

fwiw, pretty sure israel actively tries to avoid taking too much territory because they don't want to lose a jewish majority in their country. any expansion they could feasibly make with that restraint in mind is going to be slow, to the tune of sprawl outwards over generations

unless there's a bunch of living jews out there that we don't know about, which somehow seems unlikely

edit- also, any time you say "it doesn't make sense", what you mean is "it doesn't make sense given the information i have". it may make more sense to assad (or whoever did the attack, but likely assad), given his party's minority status in the country. he's opted into ruling via fear and brutality for a while now, as i understand it. why would it be surprising that he continues to

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think he specifically means the use of white phosphorus munitions in civilian areas which is against the Geneva convention and some other international agreements.

Here is a fun write-up of a case by a doctor
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  19. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

There hasn't been an investigation of the attack yet, so whatever the stance, the air strike was too early.

Ohmin, BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

exactly.

Ohmin likes this.