so what did I miss?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Nov 29, 2016.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I got the email saying the game would be on the vita, figured i'd pop in and see how things have been going before I try that out.

also a bit sad the kickstarter for space wars didn't work out

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

We are frozen here...

Welcome back!

TeaNinja likes this.
  3. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

PS4 release is soon. Will increase pop I hope. We will see

4. calisk

how's the expansions been.

5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

amp frost is still king

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I guess them where nice, as content goes. But the game got delayed hard for other priorities and personally, I got bored.

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

ST gotten a lot of cool monks and ferren. Monks seem like one of the most mechanically demanding and intensive bgs in the game (if not the most), but I feel could be so OP if a really strong player cracked them.

8. calisk

well that's good to hear monks was next on soko's list when I had my kid and became far to busy to play.

it's been awhile though so i guess not a lot has changed if that's just stabilizing out

9. calisk

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't southern wave discipline a new gale force.

limited in range and utility sure but it has about the same damage output, and can cliff at full ap?

although unlikely it seems like you could get a max of 50 damage out of it on a single target, more I suppose if their are any 2x2 monks and it applies properly to both tiles instead of just the one like most mechanics, actually since most monks are low cost ferren hitting that 50 doesn't seem like it would be too hard.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hahahah you've been away too long.
    Can't KB cliff anymore.
    But hey, you can still Domi/Posseschasm, so its all good.
    Monks are crap.

11. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Monks are actually quite good. SWD still does 5 damage knockbacks and has way more damage potential than gale force if you are looking at straight physical damage. Fury of 1000 strikes is balls out amazing and would be one of the most OP abilities in the game if it weren't limited to monks/ferrens.

12. Tweek516

I honestly think that monks are the best theme in the game (or at least top 3) when played perfectly. Trouble is they are like freaking impossible to play perfectly.

Oh, and ignore @Pedeguerra he is like the most doom and gloom guy on the forums rn :(

13. calisk

well he has a point I suppose, why stop the ability to knock back kill but leave possession.

regardless monks have a few tricks that look fun, not sure of the meta though atm so have no idea if they are any good comparatively. I mean the best st deck in the history of the faction couldn't touch the best split decks in history heh

14. Tweek516

Possession was meant to be changed, but hasn't due to coding issues. It is on the list to be changed.

The next expansion is 100% player made with no new abilities, which is cool.

15. calisk

cool so from a purely non-hypocritical/"fair and balanced" point of view I can get behind the change.

from the perspective of someone who is against removing the relevance of positioning from a tactical game, I think it was a waste of the coders time to implement a change that has no advantage except to dumb down the game.

I guess I can see where they are coming from though, they want to make the game as casual friendly as possible before switching over to ps4

Pedeguerra likes this.
  16. calisk

is their a lot of global damage in the current meta?

also while trying to conceive a deck for monks it seems like one major issue is lack of utility, they have mediocre support runes, no detection, an no equipment removal.

and considering most are melee to mid range the lack of support is an issue for sure, and despite a plethora of portal based abilities not a lot of units have swap and the cost of the ones that do is quite high

17. Tweek516

18. calisk

19. Tweek516

No mechanics, just shifting meta and some nerfs

20. calisk

neat well I had a completely different idea for my monk deck then the one you have their, of course that could be due to my current lack of experience with the current meta

when you deploy fur hat are you able to use the dictate ability immediately or not?