So what is next for our faction?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by skarpox, Mar 17, 2016.

1. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

What needs to be looked at or pondered. KF seems OOC.

2. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Well I am already bummed that it appears our midterm rune is already spoiled and its a damn Frond.

We are looking at a faction-wide nerf soon, in the form of losing our +1 max AP cap. It is a significant nerf, but it is also not a doomsday nerf like the 1/2 initiative thing they had pitched before. The AP cap loss is probably the least terrible option we have seen discussed. KF being in good position right now, I think we can adapt.

KF is likely getting hit the hardest by the ranged nerf. If the nora costs go up, the vast majority of KF ranged units will simply be unplayable. Most KF ranged units follow a pretty simple formula...high range = low damage, low defenses, and low hitpoints. In a great deal of cases, there are also things like defenseless just to make them affordable. 3-4 nora increases on top of the LAST 3-4 increases means something has gotta give. We already know what happens when Mena's cost dips over 100. 80 nora for an Elvish Archer? Seriously!? I get that ranged in general is too strong at the moment, but I can't see any sort of blanket change fixing that without just plain gutting our faction.

3. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

You make some good points. I forgot about the recent slight nora increase. This next one makes two. It seems best to ask for a reduction to our range counts by one or even two and increase defense some. Would that make a difference you think?

4. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Well I am generally ok with manual modifiers, but I think ideally they should aim for as few modifiers as possible. Synergy modifiers should definitly be a thing.

I just think the formulas need to be tweaked some more.