So, what is the Vision for each Faction?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fikule, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Gedden mentioned that he wanted to take UD back to being a mostly Melee faction in the last Q&A like it used to be.

So, assuming UD is meant to be a melee heavy hitter with ranged supporters, what are the other factions "visions"?

Not looking for someone to quote their bonuses ^^

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Though Treefolk are different, KF's flavor is generally associated with fast champions who use hit and run tactics to stay alive and cooperation to get kills.

3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Or, as others might phrase it, spell spam to win.

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

SL? world domination.

that's my vision

Shimaru likes this.
  5. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

ST? Nerf them all!

6. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

As long as that is achieved through build up + power turn, then that seems to fit within the long standing vision fit SL.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

To me it seems like SL and IS are two sides of the same coin. Both are good defensively, both have powerturn enablers, both play well in a phalanx. SL has more offensive spells while IS has more defensive ones. I think that's why they're my favorite two factions to play.

8. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Uhmm... Faction bonuses is the only gameplay-related thing that separates factions from each other. You're contraddicting yourself here, m8.

9. Fikule

Except the part where I say that Gedden was wanting to bring UD back to being Melee primarily. Their bonus helps both melee and ranged. I'm not saying the bonus won't complement their vision, I'm just wanting speculation on what people think it is.

Not looking for how they play right now, I'm looking for what people see their style as being.

For instance, if I had to speculate on UD, I would say they are meant to be brute force (see, complimented by the bonus) but lack range. They utilize raw power in all their aspects: champions, relics, spells and equipments and have no issue with causing their champions to suffer if it brings about victory.

That's not the same as saying "+damage on champs".

10. ProR2D2

Factions are too wide to cover them with a single vision.
    For example, people might say KF is the faster faction because of their faction bonus, but then there is treefolk, who are supposed to be slow and powerfull. Same for Tortuns.
    The only certain things that separate factions as a whole are their habitat and how they look, but in my opinion nothing gameplay-related things can (and should) cover a whole faction, only races/themes. Races can be too different from one another, even if they share the same faction.
    Aside from balance, this is another reason why some people is asking for faction bonuses to dissapear.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  11. Fikule

Then just describe a theme if you want? Or speak of the faction in general and don't overly worry about the specifics.

I feel you're taking a fun post about how people see their faction and trying to make it as boring as possible. I'm not after exact figures and perfect descriptions. It's vision, not mechanics.

Think more fun, less fact. It's about how you perceive them.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

FW's vision is a random assortment of bad guys that may or may not benefit from a cooldown reduction. It seems the only thing tying any of the factions together flavor wise is the region of the map they come from. So I guess FW could have elsarin fluffy bunnies (the mean kind) at some point. No boon but if theyre cheap enough they might benefit from the bonus... maybe.

wouldn't it be wise to get these faction bonus issues under control before they revamp and rebalance every champ in the game?

13. ProR2D2

If you say so...
    I see UD as the damage dealer faction, but lacking defence. I do think UD should have access to ranged, there can be a lot of demons that can spit fire, or ranged evil mages like Grimlic. I also see KF as a healing faction and cooperation from the spirits of the forest.

14. goldmonkee

goldmonkee I need me some PIE!

ST: Frost, Ice & Snow; weak/slow early game, strong mid-late game with the Frost buildup. Kinda like a glacier moving :D

15. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Sp has no vision now. Moga and cyclops are done, slags are meh, and voil crutch on a broken interaction.

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

faction bonuses are far from the only thing that does or should define one faction as being different from the rest gameplay wise.

the availability and efficiency of the various types of utilities, equipments, relics, spells, champions, and so on goes a long way towards creating flavor, and it only truly comes out in-game. if the bonus was all that mattered, people would only play fs or sp. nora trumps.

well, i take that back.

maybe kf, too.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. Fikule

See? I like those descriptions, and spitting fire is certainly something I expect from demons (Too much Painted Man :()

Haha. I hope glaciers don't get much faster as time goes on ^^

18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Lol, I knew you'd quit the second SP was changed to not be completely ridiculous. Hip hip- harraaaay.

19. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Says the guy who is terrible and crutching on the faction that is so far above every other faction its hilarious. I cant remember another time when one faction straight up dominated the others like whats happening now

20. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

You haven't played long enough then. One faction to rule them all used to be par for the course.

SPiEkY likes this.