so what's everyone thinking of st atm?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by calisk, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

He is 1-4, which is why he costs nora. He'd be 43 nora if he was 1-1, but then Dragging Attack wouldn't work.

2. Orubus

Orubus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ic fisher needs 2-3 damage increase to be used.

I'll go down the themes.

Elemental need more gen abilities, they feel like more of a starter set.

I like ferren because they are cheap and can reloxte quick. Next to ice amp,
    I feel they are the second best. They need a hero.

Lonx feels like they are missing something, the chief got too expensive to run in the current meta and they are equip based. Escalation is nice.

Strig can be strong combo with juya and tailwind and border guard. A lot of gale defender strikes combo seem to be th thing.

Yetis lack Ap gen. They won't Be able to really get a good power turn. The bounty hunter and painter are the musts. The fear mechanic is outdated.

Other themes I didn't mention .. beast decks .. terrain.. and rangers.

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

ya I figured as much range is universally the most expensive stat, a champion usually needs a cost reduction ability to manage at 1-4 range, that's why when I was redesigning her I went 1-2 with preperation since it's cheaper or about the same and handles her low damage issue.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

ST sucks atm and has been for a while, probably after you left your post at the "council".
    And this is coming from a guy who hasnt played in a year, but keeps up with patch notes and releases.
    All ST has atm for it is Frost Amp, and even then Im not sure its a Tier 1 theme, simply because it got butchered by the noobs with an agenda.

5. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

what would a 2-3 dmg cost on the champ? It may be worth it.

6. Sokolov

5 nora for 2 DMG

7. Braxzee

well it would make him usable, as pin down could be used more often. If he were 72 nora with 9 dmg, that would be usable

8. Sokolov

1-3 and 9 DMG with Pin is 65

9. Braxzee

sweet that works

10. Braxzee

L'usaras breath will help Lonx and Yeti a bit for they do need that terrain to be effective mainly to avoid target spells , power turns and and close in on range units in numbers.

11. calisk

Whats lusaras breath?

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

New fill

13. s4ndm4ns

s4ndm4ns I need me some PIE!

About time to play some frost amps ;)

14. calisk

personnally yeti and lonx interest me more atm, yeti especially has some very nice potential, it has a complete deck without anything missing.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I thought IS was the best faction in terms of my most playable themes, but I think ST may be even better right now.

16. calisk

That's true I've only tested yetis so it's hard to say where they all stand in terms of ranking but there are a ton of options at least.

I can't put my finger on why but I've been trying to build non yeti decks, I've attempted about 35 different combinations of different themes and meta decks and non of them feel right something seems to be missing from all of them. For example one question most can't answer is how would this deck deal with a first turn sheoul demon.

When push comes to shove most of the St themes have a late game expectation which is fine but what will you do when the sheoul demon comes to punch you hard in the face.

The answer I find usually digs a nora hole so deep I doubt you can climb out of it

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  17. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

SP: It's what they do for a living.
    UD: Eye for an Eye
    FW: ... Take a guess.
    KF: Reclaim
    I'm not sure about factions, but it just takes some time to learn how to deal with stuff like that.
    The other option is discussed by Kalasle in his essays.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'm still rusty and haven't played against UD, but give me a week and i'll get back to you.

19. calisk

well for ud my issue is deck composition, if your first champ is a ranged champ vs the sheould they'll demon shiel up, which means you'll need a shatter as your second or lose.

if you go melee then you'll need cleanse because they will drain life and cleansing storm is a poor answer to a 25 nora debuff.

assuming you do have an answer to the cleanse then you'll need to deal with boundless enthusiasm which gives evasive-3 and reflex -3.

and aside from all that the unit you drop will need to be able to survive through the horrific aura turn so he's guaranteed to get the first hit in, unless you have some trick, like freeze, or force barrier, or something

yeti's can deal with it, but it's the only deck so far i've found that is fleshed out enough to do it and i'll admit the maps are a large part of why i could deal with it.

20. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

How do they deal with it?

Also, those are all very specific situations, you must have terrible luck.