Sok, Please Help KF

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by phdstax, Jul 15, 2016.

1. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

They're still good! Don't get me wrong I use them in all my decks. I just feel the shift from KF having possibly some of the best AoE spells to now having average ones is a... thing?

I feel like fiery ambush is always amazing when it's used, but is obviously limited by the font access - could KF get one of those or something similar? Strong but restricted.

Burning sands aswell with the 12 instead of 10 dmg / anathema for FW is similar here

ST aoe's are ampable and large range so I feel they've always dominated the AoE game - but most of them are the older ones.

I think I also notice the fact I don't have any "use this to deal with troublesome unit" spells either. FW obviously the kings here with ED/doom/domi cliff - FS get drown/PHS/ - ST gale force - SP vertical push.. For KF vortex used to be the answer because we could take advantage of the early 8 spd stuff to win with fonts, or if they transfigured just no deploy at all.. I don't really see vortex anymore though

super71 likes this.
  2. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I'm wondering though if the fact I notice the few points on AoE dmg more than most people would because I play KF and FS - Generally less beefy units so the few extra dmg points are more noticeable?

Can you do another one of those meta lists with the current played runes? I always loved the data we could get our noses into and digest/evaluate stuff

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

ST's AEs have been ampable for awhile and actually Ice Storm got a cost increase recently.

I can see the argument for Burning Sands being stronger, but SL also has had decent spells.

I will see what I can do in future design for spells for KF to help with powerchamps. Equipment wise KF has some good options there tho, but some are kind of slow - Withering Fern - tho good.

super71 likes this.
  4. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Can we change naturalize? That's kind of never been used really ever. Stripping units back to their base.? AoE 2 "all champions with the effected area lose non attack abilities for 4 turns" Similar to FR in UD?

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't want to completely recode an old spell. And I think there's room for that kind of spell, though maybe it'd fare better as slot competition if it did some damage to non-summoned units.

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I actually kind of like naturalize in the way it works with relics and summons, it's a pretty strong spell in summon/relic heavy bgs which are many in ranked today.

I do agree with the the fact that many other factions aoe spells far outclass k'thir spells now.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  7. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

First off, Super71 is saying some things I don't agree with, so we are not in kahootz on this. This will be my last post of this subject I think, so I will put in plain. If I am playing a typical build balanced with melee and range, I have to consider a powerturn at some point. Let's say I am at midfont with 5 champs, 2 melee and 3 ranged. With Bullseye, I can increase my damage output by about 15-20 damage (3 range champs with 10-12 base damage) for one hit each, and I can do it for 35 nora. This is not bad. However, if I have the same circumstance but with Quickening, I can probably double that damage output even though it costs more nora. The cost of the nora is important but not as important as the damage output. I can justify spending more nora because it creates a better turn. In Bullseye, I can't justify it as much. Now, I have to consider that, if I want I better powerturn like Quickening, I have to use another rune alongside Bullseye.

8. super71

My biggest issue is no way for k'thir to deal with super champs anymore, as I recall vortex used to put champs next to their shrine and it put their stats back to normal if I remember ?

Now vortex just moves champs out of range of attack and they come back in a few turns healed up. I'd like to see vortex become similar to banish where it removes the champ but gives a Nora refund to the opponent.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Have you considered Devolve?

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I like how you guys say that ST's counter to superchamps is Gale Force.
    LOL

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

What happened? Guess I need to come back and show you nubs how to play KF

phdstax likes this.
  12. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Sounds like a plan, Stan.

13. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

I'd love to see Fairy Trickster get Metamorphosis back...not going to happen, but that was one of the few ways we had to handle super champs.

14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Bro, KF doombringer has metamorph

15. super71

I see you beating a lot of just decent players and abusing fan faire which not everyone has, not proving much.

16. Pedeguerra

If "just decent players" are like 90% of the current playerbase, then....
    Also, implying that Karmavore can beat players due to "abusing fan faire" is pretty darn ridiculous, even though the spells deserves a look at.
    Either way, I dont think any of you managed to show, much less convince, anyone that KF is in a terrible state or is the worst faction by any means.
    I mean, it's one thing to plead for buffs to runes, even when they arent shoebox. Thats fine.
    Trying to deceive Sokolov because KF isnt getting free wins anymore, thats wrong.

17. super71

Dude I could give two ****s about the opinion of someone that doesn't even play and constantly "quits". We tried explaining with facts, numbers, dow, amount of people playing k'thir in ranked, amount of people doing well with k'thir in ranked, different bg struggles, comparing champs of opposing factions, you didn't wanna shut your pie hole long enough to read or listen. This is why we don't bother arguing with you, baller or burn it's a joke of a conversation/debate always has been and will continue to be. Sad to put you on ignore, but your just a pain in he ****.

I know karma is good, but he's not playing against players as good as him, so again it will never show k'thir power level.

18. Pedeguerra

Lots of personal opinion, not so much facts.
    And good job trying to discredit my opinion because I'm not playing ATM: I'm on the forums everyday, read every patch note and change to the game and the last time I "quit" was 6 months ago.
    Unless the mechanics of the game change, I'm on top of the meta game as much as any average player out there.
    But yeah, this has derailed too much and I'm out.

19. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I agree with this - if someone asked me what spells i'm scared of in KF i would struggle to come up with anything. Reclaim is good but expensive enough that i don't mind it being used against me. Vortex is good but situational. The AoEs are AoEs, we all have them.

Nothing that could suprise me like mindslicer boomerang or gale or swap.

GemmaXylia likes this.
  20. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

KF does not have crutch spells. KF crutches too much on its spells.