Sok, Please Help KF

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by phdstax, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Right now I'd say Protection, Blinding Flash and Inhibit Power, but agreed it's not the same kind of fear as Transfusion or Swap inspires. KF spells are mostly defensive/reactionary.

2. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Yep. I still would like to see it back on Trickster. I liked the old trickster. I don't like the new one since it has little to no survivability and is really expensive while not bringing anything worth the cost of the champ to the table. I'm also not a fan of both metamorphosis and doom on the doombringer on two different upgrade spots, but that's a different discussion.

3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Honestly after playing some (after a lengthy break mind you) I don't think KF is in a terrible spot. The bgs that I played ran smoothly, where able to do what I wanted and didn't really seem to struggle vs the meta game. Now with the playerbase being stale and small, I can somewhat understand that people might think KF is bad, due to lack of active players with in the faction itself, or hyper competitive players that are able to make those FOTM bgs or very standout-ish BGs (Meta BGs.) But from my perspective I don't think everything written in this thread is warranted.

That being said, Sokolov and I had a nice little discussion about some minor tweaks and changes to some KF runes, that HE thought could use some love, minor stat tweaks and some ability shuffling. I can post some of my BG's that I've been using if you guys would like, but I've noticed over the years of me doing this, people don't really mesh well with how I make my bgs, and play them.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Idk man your easily the best k'thir player and I didn't see you play against much competition, and definitely nobody near your skill level. This is the problem when judging gameplay from top to bottom becomes an issue.

You posting a bg though might get some people going, but I disagree that k'thir doesn't have a problem right now. Looking forward to what you and sok came up with though.

5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Thank you, Super.
    -- For me anyways, I wasn't really focusing as much on the people I was playing or how they where playing, but what they where playing in relation to what I was playing. I played against UD range hate with Fae, and won both times - I played against Rush or Die UD and won, I played against Meta IS dwarves with Naria and won.

---- What I'm saying here is I played against those "this is Firking OP" bgs and still was able to do what I wanted with my bg and play it properly to get a win, I'll continue to play and test things out while I'm back. I took a week off from work and school (man oh man do I love being a self contractor :) ) for personal stuff, but in the mean time I can keep going with my testing.

super71 likes this.
  6. super71

Xirone said he also beat anti-range ud with fae, I think vothsair are super expensive so by the time they have 2 out you have 4 annoying blinding, soothing fairies. The meta dwarves win though is impressive, I'm definitely curious to see your Naria bg for that as every time I've played Naria it's been pretty pitiful.

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

When will you be on?

8. super71

Half hour roughly

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Send me some of your guys BGs on the forums and I'll edit/test them if you guys would like.

10. super71

I will tomorrow, by the way you made me wanna try Naria. Dammit

11. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Fix me pls <3
    fae.PNG

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

1. Delete your BG.
    2. Filter your runes to UD.
    3. Kill or Die.

badgerale likes this.
  13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I would drop 2 or 3 equipment's for 2-3 more champs.

14. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I kind of rely on the lexicons hunter equipped to get damage rolling though :eek: I'd maybe drop a crown of petals for something?

Which good fae champs do you think are missing?

OriginalG1 likes this.
  15. super71

Living vines my man

16. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

There is a living vines already in there!

17. super71

Also i'd drop the tower 30 nora for a 20 nora relic to only do 2 damage doesn't seem worth it to me imo. I'd also try and fit the spell blind in there somewhere.

18. super71

I'd do x2 if your focusing on lexicon as it's an aoe negative equip ability that wears down high hp units, it's much better than crown. Crown is good for the damage boost but if your running honor coin kinda no point.

19. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

I'd drop 1 Crown of Petals, Devolve (you've got a lot of things that debuff from your champs and it's only a single target), and Elven Artisan (unless you have her in there for Craft). I'd put in a Snare Fairy, a Moonlit Fae, and then another melee tank (either Colossal Boa or another Faeguard).

20. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Do you like snare fairy? I used it alot when it had 8 speed and avalance, but currently it's just alternative dmg? Nothing really screams out to me ;o

Elven artisan I use for craft/nora miner to trigger chained every turn.

I dropped a crown for an enchantress currently, I like deploy prismatic crystals :)

The stat stacking can get crazy though with setup! +5 banner +5 chained +5 regal +5 boost +7 fan faire - Obviously rarely happens but looks nice when it does :D Also focusing hard on getting battle leader procs to give the lame ones some more dmg, got to like 17 dmg on a bloomwalker earlier :D