Some basic BG help

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Cene, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Cene

Cene New Member

Hello!
    I've been away for quite some time from pox (grimlics descent was the last time I played before selling off my collection) and the takeover by desert owl kinda brought me back into the game. But boy oh boy, is there a ton of new stuff. I bought the UD theme deck to not have to deal with the public ones and got some boxes from extended and one from the new expansion, since having your own home made deck is always the most fun. Still, I'm waaaaaaaaaay out of the loop atm but managed to put together a super janky BG that's been doing okay so far, but nothing amazing (especially since it's based off things I can remember running in the past).

Thing is, it's starting to become time to update it to the modern era, figure out what the meta is and begin work on acquiring the cards I need. So far this is what I've got;

http://archive.terhix.com/#!/deck/cojczC3BCxCvcMc60c3Vchc33c5=c1ps4@s7FS2ls6Fs3oSAs1lr2irAEN

Mind you I couldn't pick saleem the fell rabbit and the nefari shockbow since they weren't on the list.

As I've been playing more and more I've started to remember things a bit but I'm hesitant of trading or spending shards to get cards I used to run and such, since I'd rather know what to aim for/what the meta is, etc. And if it's not too much trouble I'd like you guys to inform me on this :p
    Mostly about what's common to run, what runes are the must haves, etc. I realise this is incredibly vague and unhelpful but oh well, you guys are smart as hell so I'm sure a few of you can help me out a bit ^^

2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Welcome back, UD are a in good shape atm.
    And runes are easier then ever to get F2P, so just start play and you will soon have all basic runes in UD. (limited are still a pain to get)
    do the daily skirmish and try to clear the daily achievements and you have 1k gold/day to buy new runes for (and 9k extra /10days), think the recommendation is to save up for 32K and buy extended box, or save until the new expansion/marketplace is hear with different packs that is wrath/protect specific. Buy the avatar asap, its cool and free warbanner for just 5k gold.
    you want 2 RIP demons, 2 pincussions, drop K'lzik, she is just annoying unless a good spider bg. look at UD commons, there are tons of real good ud commons which is silly cheap to forge or use poxbox to trade for. (thats how i start with a new factions, get all commons, then uncommons, maybe get some exo/leg if its a key theme rune)

would say play skirmish games for a bit, each game you win you get a rune reward and some gold, it also gives you a good feeling of the runes.
    when you play PvP, you get a token for each game, so soon you have enough tokens to level your runes freely.

dont think poxbase is updated anymore sadly, here is a link to a database that is updated but not as good
    http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com/abilities/

Regulate likes this.
  3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

You can run a fun and somewhat competitive UD BG using just release set runes. Try that and build from there.