Some bot protection would be nice

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Strings, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

You know... so we don't see spam like this again?

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I used to be a wide eyed idealist like you, but then I went insane. ( it's a joke about our avatar pictures)

Qucas and Sirius like this.
  3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Wait, you mean to tell me that you guys don't like the spambots?

Oh, well, I guess I'll tell them to stop, then.

4. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

They like giving us some love.

5. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

I would listen to you, but I see you're crooked.

Geressen likes this.
  6. Leadrz

Secretly twins.

7. Winsomniac

Winsomniac The King of Potatoes

The only guaranteed bot protection is removal of user input. Or in other words, no one can post anything.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I like how this guy talks like a robot before the usability programming kicks in and tells us what he means in the common vernacular.

Netherzen and Leadrz like this.
  9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

some of these... in some cases

working for the departement of redundancy departement?

Qucas and Sirius like this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

11. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

I demand to be compensated for this emotional/psychological damage caused by bots.
    Im not the same person as I was before bots , a this must be fixed cuz this is not allowed according to US and international law.
    I have clear trauma caused by DoG indirectly cuz they don't stop bot attacks.

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I have floccinauciniliphicated your mind and I find it unusual for a person to ask for a worthless thing to be compensated.

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I have floccinauciniliphicated his mental condition, mind and emotions, etc . any loss of functionality or dammage to these parts and thus the loss of worth I have assesed these parts to be will be paid in full.*

*one of my half-aunts is a lawyer, therefore I am also a lawyer, it's genetics.**
    ** I study applied biology, this is how it works.

15. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Wow, that's an owl? I thought it was some creepy blue thing with big eyes.

16. Leadrz

If dog got a good lawyer i'm sure in the end you'd fail it... And would have to try and sue spambots for the damages(trauma)

17. DaisyDukeNukem

DaisyDukeNukem I need me some PIE!

@Senshu If I might recommend, they should have forums check to see if you have ever logged into PoxNora (it will be in their database); and use that to prevent posting. It would cut down on the spam considerably since they are usually focused on getting an account on the forums; not playing the game itself.

Thbigchief likes this.
  18. Leadrz

Due to name mishaps my poxnora acc is called, xleadrzx.
    See the problem?

IMAGIRL likes this.
  19. DaisyDukeNukem

DaisyDukeNukem I need me some PIE!

d

No, since all you have to do is login as Leadrz account once and you have resolved the issue. It should also be noted that to set it up it will likely require assigning a group with the privilege to post so that everyone who creates an account can still read the forums. If you want to post you just have to launch the game once and you get moved to the group that can post.

With the way permissions work, they could also create a welcome forum where anyone can post regardless of play status so those with questions can still ask, but if spam shows up it doesn't annoy the majority of normal forum users since they can't post in their typical forums.

20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

This assumes that he has access to that account, which he may not (or it may even be someone else's account).