Some Changes To Combat Summon Spam...

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Nature's Balance- While this unit is in play, all Amplifications and Vulnerabilities are negated. Summoned champions have -2 DMG, -2 DEF, and -1 SPD.
    Reasoning- Nature's Balance used to have an anti-summon component which was taken off a long time ago. If I remember correctly, it used to destroy summons when they were created. This change gives the relic that added flavor back without being as strong. The flavor-text makes no sense, btw, with the current effect. As a note, this change would not affect the ability Nature's Balance. As a second note, friendly and opposing summons are affected.​

Dusk Druid- DMG reduced from 9 to 0. Escape and Forest Lerper Form removed from base (-15 nora). Detection 3 and Raven Tongue added to base (+13 nora). Upgrade Path II changed to Psychic Ping 2 (+20 nora).
    Reasoning- Dusk Druid never sees much play since he was changed long ago with the major revamp. He used to have Psychic Ping 2 and this changes makes that happen once again. Raven Tongue is an awesome anti-summon ability that seems flavorful enough for a druid. As a note, Psychic Ping 2 does 6 damage and so is not as strong as the firk with Psychic Ping 3. Also, since Psychic Ping is an upgrade the opponent can take the ability away with tactics involving Confuse. This champion will be annoying.
    Natural Instinct (Class: Ranger Special Ability)- This champion has Hunter: Summoned and Domain: Vegetation. If 4 or more champions with Class: Ranger are in play, this champion also gains Combat Awareness and Purified.
    Reasoning- Rangers could be made into a cool theme with a little extra help. KF currently has no racial abilities that are of the old school variety which gives abilities out if a certain number of champions are in play. This ability wouldn't be on all rangers, of course, but could be a good upgrade on a lot of them. No matter what, the champion with this ability would naturally do more damage to summoned units (and take less damage from them as well).​

2. Xirone

@Sokolov These may not be high priorities but I think they would be great changes, even if you modified and tweaked them with your own special dev magic.

Cinder405 likes this.
  3. Xirone

Just like when you face UD you know ranged champions might be risky deploys, or when you face FW expensive champions might be risky deploys, perhaps KF could be the faction where summons are risky deploys?

Cinder405 and Etherielin like this.
  4. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

This message has been approved

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

cool changes, just think a few may be slightly over the top. Great ideas as per though :)

6. Xirone

If only one, Dusk Druid would be my pick! His in-game sprite is too cool to be stuck in forest lerper form. Additionally, Raven Tongue is too cool to be on just one champ!

[​IMG]
    Dusk Druid
    DMG: 0 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 1 | HP: 44
    Base Abilities | Detection 3, Gift of Scrying, Raven Tongue
    Upgrade Path I | Cloak 1, Cloak 2, Shrink
    Upgrade Path II | Psychic Ping 2
    Estimated Nora Cost | 65-70

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    IMAGIRL and Tweek516 like this.