Some constructive sujjestions to make 2v2 better

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HEKPOMAHT, May 28, 2015.

1. HEKPOMAHT

HEKPOMAHT The King of Potatoes

1. Disable split factions in 2v2
    2. Make dmg bonuses from amplify & surje applicable only to you units
    3. Nerf addaptive abilities so it get boost only from your own spells
    4. Nerf Librarian (with spell spam that in 2v2 you force to have one in u decks)
    5. Nerf global effects like 2xXulos = 18 dmg to all

If you do it it will be more strategic game not a battle of the broken decks...

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

remove purple ranks while you're at it

scrampy, Faust, claydude5 and 2 others like this.
  3. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

don't forget to fix the Inivte spam aswell

claydude5, Thbigchief and darklord48 like this.
  4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If all decks are broken, then no decks are broken. :cool:

Faust, claydude5, Ifem21 and 2 others like this.
  5. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

I have a good suggestion to improve the game over-all,
    It's : "Don't balance in function of 2v2 because 2v2 is a joke."

Dolcebrodude and Pattn199 like this.
  6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I get the 2v2 is a joke rhetoric, and I don't disagree, but the OP is genuinely trying to improve the game in the area he enjoys playing, which I can respect. So ease up in the overused 2v2 troll posts.

Effectively, what he's saying is give each team member similar autonomy to their own decks as seen on 1v1. I don't see this as a bad idea. Global positive effects being tied to "controlled" champs would have no effect on 1v1. You would still be able to buff and enhance possessed champs etc. It would help balance 2v2 without affecting 1v1 in any way.

The idea is still in a nascient stage, but it has merit and my support.

I'd never support any idea for change in 2v2 that would effect 1v1, but this is not necessarily the case.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    chickenpox2, JellyBerry, hfok and 5 others like this.
  7. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

how bout a practice 2v2 mode as well as ranked...unless im wrong I dont see an option for me and 3 buds to play a game together unless we hope that we gwt matched. this is just dumb. . im not really worried about ranked in 2v2 as much as just having a friendly game with some close friends... people dont like 2v2. and thats kool...but its just another option fer new/older players... instead of playing a useless AI or getting destroyed by vet players...in fact pox needs alot of options to attract and keep new players...2 player coop vs AI,, lot of people just wanna play together but maybe not duel,,,(like my wife) lol, King of the hill,,maybe , 2-5players
    with no castle. just incontestable fonts. and a hill in the middle,,, and the fonts placed clockwise around. ..many single players want to pvp but might be a lil threatened. .king of the hill will allow them to taste a lil pvp,, and not have the focus on them,, can kinda get lost in the shuffle,,, other stuff too.
    my point is,, it doesn't matter at this point how well/not well cards are balanced,,, to have a thriving community, , pox needs more thwn single/pvp options. .. we have all these nice cards,, and very little to do...
    custom games, only com option, or unc etc.
    ,, I dont think many people are as concerned with rank as u guys think they are..giving us the tools to make our own fun mighr be more interesting. ...I understand pox is meant to be a 1v1 duel...but the reality is , if u want a large community. youll have to offer more thwn just ai or duel...
    ps.. I dont think any of these game modes should effect 1v1 ranked..this is totally separate

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I don't see a need for a 2v2 queue at all. As far as I'm concerned they could all be challenge style.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

I still want 1v1v1

Leadrz, OriginalG1 and darklord48 like this.
  10. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

impossible with the way pox is currently designed and with shrine wincons.

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Since imo, it's just a wacky fun game mode...it should be first changed to allow custom games making...this seems a gross oversight. Guilds just want to mess around sometimes for fun...and have to try to link up Queue times magically without running into the ranked q

12. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

@Rokkushun ,, 2 of my buddies cant play much as they have lives :) but when we can link up,, its kinda lame cuz either we watch each other duel,, or look for a 4th..and sometimes we just wanna hang alone...1vs1vs1 would be a dream..but once u have more then 2 shrines, things might get tricky..
    im sure some of the vet players remember pox had more game options, , capture the flag (which can be done with more then 2 plys), and as I mentioned king of the hill..it had shrines cuz it was 2 player,, but we can just use fonts...basically whoever held the center font at the end of there turn would get a point and everyone's trying to keep each other out,, perhaps 7 points wins or something..pox was not able to sustain those games types back then..but it has evolved much more and im very much enjoying pox since then... it would be nice to have more game type options, ,,, they can even just make basic large maps for these purposes,, very basic,, a rock here..tree stump there,, ,, I dont get what all the fuss is about with these maps anyway, , its a 2d map!
    im wondering what the devs position is on multiple game types. .
    at least once every 1 to 2 weeks a new player will ask me if his friend joined would they be able to play against the comp...
    2 potential customers,,, should we tell them yay or nay?

13. HEKPOMAHT

HEKPOMAHT The King of Potatoes

1. all sujjections will not impact 1v1 balance at all just 2v2
    2. This small changes will make 2v2 way more balanced ...

14. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Well then I wouldn't mind them at all. I also wouldn't care if it gets through or not.
    And I don't think the devs are gonna focus on this right now a lot of other things have priority.

15. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

You say that now, but do you really want to be ganged up by 2 people and kicked out of the game early?