Some Ideas to Consider - Thinking Out Loud

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mdude186, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Mdude186

Mdude186 Member

So this post is intended to be exactly what the title says. A few thoughts about fun features/game modes that could be added in the future. I only have a couple ideas right now, but maybe I will edit this post if I think of more.

1) Auction House -

Yep. This is going to be controversial, but honestly every topic I see posted on this forum is. I see many people complaining about not being able to purchase runes for gold. So, why not implement an auction house, where players can sell their unwanted runes for gold. In my mind/theory this works out. Players with 150K runes can sell them then go buy a bunch of boxes (if that's what they want to do with that gold) and people who have spent long hours grinding can get exactly what they are looking for instead of trying to hit the lottery with LEG runes in boxes. Just a suggestion, and yes I realize sites such as PoxBox exist partly for this reason, but one of the main complaints my friends always have is "Why do I have to jump through so many hoops just to get 1 rune I want". They are basically wondering why these systems aren't intrinsically within the system. So here's my take on the solution.

2) Massive Expansion to PvE Content -

a) 2v2 Player v.s. A.I. BOTH scripted missions (like a 2v2 campaign) AND custom matches. In other words, you pick decks for the AI to use and you and a friend fight them.

b) Large raids. By this I mean something like a 5 man team V.S. raid boss "X". Players will fight through scenarios until they reach the raid boss. These scenarios will be partially randomly generated. This gives players a way to grind gold that is not simply running through the single player campaign. And I will tell you, running through the single player campaign feels soul destroying after a long period of time. I don't want my video games to destroy my soul.

Giving these PvE 'grinding' options should make the game essentially less of a grind. On top of that, you can offer special rewards for beating raids on higher difficulties, be creative. Offer some large amount of gold and maybe like a pack/shards/rune drops/ maybe a spin wheel with a chance at all these options? The spin wheel could have better rewards depending on the difficulty of the raids (chance at wining a box for highest difficulty?)

Ideas of this nature, I feel are necessary moving forward. You need to make Pox feel more like a game. I'll continue to say this until some confirmation is given. I think most 'games' make this mistake. They never really feel like a game. Get creative! Lets save Pox!

Kampel likes this.
  2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

In general, I am against the ability to easily transfer over gold. There is the Rune Forger now as well.

There are some ideas towards expanding the AI and PvE content. Some of this, however, I am not sure how feasible it would be with the current design and set up, but they are interesting ideas.

3. Mdude186

Mdude186 Member

Yeah, the auction house is always controversial. Partly because of what you have mentioned.

The PvE suggestions are the main reason for the post, I'm more of a 'Humans vs AI' person at heart. Not a super meta/competitive person. But if later down the road they could implement some new PvE content I think it would do wonders for their mass appeal. Many people who seek out games like this are looking for games to play with their friends, or at least I've run into many of such people.

4. spe720

spe720 The King of Potatoes

The PvE ideas are pretty cool but they would take quite awhile to implement I'd bet.
    some 2vBots campaigns would be fine for when my friends and I can't seem to get a win against humans.

5. Mdude186

Mdude186 Member

"2vBots campaigns would be fine for when my friends and I can't seem to get a win against humans." -spe720

Amen brother. ^_^ I'd just like the ability to introduce my friends to the game by playing with them against bots. I think that would be a very good way to enter into the game.

6. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Yep, I'm also a "PvE" player, so I know Pox can be a pain in the soul after a while :S

I'm all for AI improvements!