Some questions from a not so new player

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Ranquel, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Ranquel

Ranquel New Member

Hey guys! Ive played a little pox during the SoE era but couldnt get around some annoying things about the game and apparently Desert Owl Games is fixing most of those problems. So I want to give this great game a second chance :D

So, on with the questions:

1) Ive seen that gold is now used to buy other staff and the "nora shards" are used for something similar to what gold used to. How do I get gold and nora shards?

2) I have like 70k gold saved in my account, what would you advise me to buy with it? Or maybe keep on saving?

3) Which is the new go to faction for F2P players (if theres one)? Im planning to go F2P and would like to have the best deck I can. I really like to play either swarms or to have lots of summoners, to give you some guidelines about what to recommend me.

4) The themes I most like are kanen and stitched, are these decks viable and somewhat cheap? Ive got some kanen already (If I can fullfill my need to fill the board with cheap champs or summons with some other better/cheaper theme or faction, Ill go with it hehe).

Thanks!! Ranquel

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

1)You gain gold by playing the game, you get shards by sacrificing runes at the forge.
    2) with that gold I would recommend to buy 2 extended set boxes, they'll give you a lot of value. after you decided your faction you can buy an avatar later

3) I would recommend IS constructs right now, but every faction has a f2p friendly theme or two.

4) both are viable and relatively cheap, here are two threads:

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/sp-sl-kanen.187/
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/fw-ud-stitched.372/

Recommended Construct battlegroup:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CiaCalcoTc5jCa3c4ZcfgCfhC8YCwTS5Xs4BSls6Ms43sPs87rirYE3ie_
    You can get minister for cheap in poxbox or replace with dwarven sergeant, and you should be able to adquire protectors with the worth of the boxes, if not, scarlet wings.

With some luck you'll be able to make the 3 bgs with 2 boxes.

3. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

All factions have some F2P elements to them. But as far as competitiveness I have personally tested and have came to the conclusion that it is much easier to budget a competitive KF BG than other factions due to KF having extremely efficient rares and lower. KF Elves are a great easy one to budget, straight KF Meta works rather well, and tons of other trick KF BG's can pack quite the punch as well!

As I said before you could really pick any faction.

But KF is nuts good for cheap. And you have plenty of champs that come with friends as well such as Garu Den Mother.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

FS Boghoppers
    IS Dwarfs/Constructs
    KF Elfs
    ST Frost
    FW Liches

Some cheap themes.

rickyjpen likes this.
  5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Just keep in mind with the revamp that is coming, the greens have said they want to shake up the meta. So I wouldn't focus all of your resources towards one deck since that deck may not be viable after the changes.