Soul Bond

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lauremoon, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

My enemy deploys a Redfist then a Leoss Monk, both with Soul Bond.

Then I hit the Leoss Monk with my Augur of the Deep but the damage is blocked by an instance of Soul Bond.

The ability says "...damage dealt to other Soul Bond champions is prevented." so... What's going on?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The first 14 (or so, not sure on the correct number) damage dealt is blocked iirc.

3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

4. Lauremoon

"When this champion (LEOSS MONK) is deployed or destroyed, the next 12 damage dealt to other Soul Bond champions (REDFIST) is prevented."

He deployed Redfist first, Leoss Monk second and I then I hitted his Leoss Monk.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Acts kind of like Grintmaw Hymn but for Soul Bond champs

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Did a bit of testing on this within PA, here's how it works:

Deploying or destroying a champion with Soul Bond creates a persistent global effect with a tag - champion Alpha makes an Alpha-tagged Soul Bond. Whenever a champion with Soul Bond is going to take damage, it first checks the global effects: for each Soul Bond global with a different tag, up to 12 damage is taken from that Soul Bond and prevented. When all 12 damage from a particularly tagged Soul Bond is consumed, it is removed.

7. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

i think that game was against me, i used grintmaw hymn too, i guess the first damage was bloked from the hymn

8. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Put a buffer on them ala new fairy abillity/bubble of protection. Also, make it shown under condition together with number of damage blocked left.

9. Lauremoon

Right, I didn't noticed that, was too focused on the bonds.

So Soul Bond affect only the others?

Anyway, that ability needs feedback. MASSIVE amounts of feedback. Is confusing and frustrating because you do no damage :rolleyes: