soul corruption remove by purge

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by waxler, Aug 15, 2016.

1. waxler

waxler The King of Potatoes

Corrupted soul cannot be cleansed but still get remove by purge.

2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Corrupted Soul the spell itself is not cleansable however after the spell effect ends it leaves the unit with a permanent possessed condition that is cleansable.

Could you clarify if you are experiencing the spell portion being cleansed/dispelled BEFORE the possession effect gets to trigger?

3. waxler

waxler The King of Potatoes

Sorry I thought corrupt soul is a permanent effect that once the possessed unit is cleansed it triggered again after 5 turn. Do not realize it is single trigger only.

yobanchi likes this.
  4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

No problem!

5. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

someone please explain how this evil spell works and if you can permanently cleanse it at any point?

6. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

After 5 turns (the pentagram is drawn each turn), your opponent's champion becomes possessed until your opponents uses any sort of cleanse that works on opponents. For example cleansing emerald won't work here, because the champion isn't friendly for the opponent, and emerald states that it cleanses only friendly champions, however purge states that all champions within area are cleansed and dispelled. If you are playing KF, herbal antidote can help.
    What helps:
    Purge, cleansing storm, bane shift theoretically, soul reaver, vial of holy water, st. semmir brew, cleanse (targeted ability), healing breath, relieve (lol), purging flames, other situational abilities like phase cleansing should work and purified or pilgrim's gift should prevent it.
    What doesn't help:
    Cleansing aura, Cleansing Emerald, Cleansing mist (FS spell), mirefolk revival.
    You can also backfire, snow blind, dark pact, etc.
    Sacrifice should work, because it states 'owned champion', which even if possessed, counts as yours.

I hate this spell. it's so unrewarding to play against whenever you don't have any direct counter.

Excalibur95 likes this.
  7. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

I just looked up the description of Relieve, and I realized why you said lol after it.

Cleansing Aura actually does work, but it has to be an opponent's Cleansing Aura. Just hope that your opponent is stupid enough to put it in range.

8. Excalibur95

great info thx, i hate playing against this spell, my best champs get possessed and im often at a loss as to how to kill them (playing sl) before they go possessed. but as you mentioned purge should work and i run that, so just need to use it after 5 turns and i get my champ back.. permanently?

9. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

If you're playing Sundered Lands, consider adding a Legion Standard to your battlegroup. After your opponent casts Soul Corruption, equip a champion with the Legion Standard and make sure the corrupted champion is within 5 spaces when the effect triggers. Also make sure your opponent can't destroy the equipment.

You could also counter the Soul Corruption by cleansing or redeploying, but cleansing can be countered with Defiled and redeploy spells can be countered with Dead Magic Zone, both of which are very commonly used by the Forsaken Wastes faction.

10. Excalibur95

cool i see how legion standard would work, only problem is im always short on deck space, i do run 2x purge though so will try that next time.

lots of knowledgeable people here :)

11. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

You can also use cleanse, relieve and cleansing flames from champion abilities. Herbal antidote in KF also works.

12. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Problem solved.