Soul tap interactions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by exiledtyrant, Apr 12, 2014.

1. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

Soul tap
    soul channeling

What else?

I always though it was an interesting mechanic. Makes high cost spirits more nora efficient after a few rounds and add a little damage. Much like curse though I never played around with it much.

2. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Soul Feast

Think that's it for direct interactions. It really hasn't been expanded much. Also, we only have one champion with Soul Feast and it needs activating through Horrifying Delusion on the Eye of Serkan :(

But the main theme to use with it atm is Backlash to amp the damage from the nora gen.

3. exiledtyrant

exiledtyrant Active Member

Backlash's wording would have never lead me to connect it with soul tap lol. Soul tap was something that I thought would have headed the spirit revamp in their slump.It looks like they went another way instead. Would have been nice to see it expanded upon or at least let it stack a little higher than one.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Backlash stacks also.

5. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

It is worth noting that Soultap is bugged atm .It does not drain life or give nora currently.

There is also the interaction with Soulchanneling (At the start of your turn heal 2 hp from each champion that is soultapped)

6. Fikule

It seems to proc the first turn, then not again.

Also the counter seems to go into the negatives. Not sure why it has one.

7. Fikule

But yeah, would love some more interesting interactions.

Soulless - (The health loss and nora generation of Soultapped on this champion is doubled. Attacking a soultapped champion transfers this ability to that champion and this unit gains Ensouled. A unit with Soulless loses Ensouled.)

Ensouled - (This unit deals 50% more damage to Soulless champions.)

Soul Ripper - (This unit deals 2 less damage to unit's that are not Soultapped. Attacking a unit with Soultapped causes Soultapped to trigger.)

Harvest Soul [AP: 2 CD: 4] - (Target unit within 5 spaces becomes Soulless and this champions gains Soul Feast for 4 turns. If the target was Ensouled, this unit also heals 10 health and gains Ensouled)

------------

You will have your own champions start off as Soulless and basically go out to steal the souls of others.

Soul Ripper essentially deals 4 more damage to soultapped champions and generates 2 nora. Possibly causing even more Backlash.

Ensouled is a generic buff versus the units you steal souls from.

Harvest Soul can target enemies and allies. It propagates the spreading of Soulless and Ensouled. If you pull Ensouled off of an allied unit, he essentially heals and becomes a monster against Soulless, Soultapped units.

I think there should be a circumstance where Ensouled is removed. But I can't think of one. Closest I could think of was a Soulless unit dying causes the closest enemy Ensouled unit to become Soulless. Which I thought was good, but Soulless has a pretty long description already :p

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014