Soultap.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by MentalMoles, May 12, 2014.

1. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

i'm not sure if the greens are aware of this, but Soultapped does absolutely nothing right now. it does not do the 2 loss of life damage and does not give the 2 nora, so right now its a worthless upgrade.

When you attack the condition is applied correctly, but despite the opposing champions having Soultapped as a condition it never takes damage.

2. mampoa

mampoa New Member

Just to add to this: Soultap from Soul Channelling (e.g. from Soulthirster) seems to work though and does the 3 damage on first turn at any rate, never checked the next round (should take 1 on soultapped unit's following turn right?).

So the effect seems fine, unless a different soul tap effect is used for soul chanelling? Odd nevertheless that one source works and the other doesn't.

3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

One of the reasons I withdrew from the Tournement you hosted ;)

and yes they know:
    http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgame...ultap-not-applying-properly-after-patch.2052/

4. BansheeX

3 damage???

5. mampoa

mampoa New Member

I think so, recall seeing that in the combat log, I may be mistaken though. I know it's meant to be 2. (Also, my earlier post makes it sound like 3 damage is the correct amount, but it's just the description of soul channeling which states it soultaps for 3 turns which threw me off I think.)

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I have seen soul channeling on soulthirster doing 3 dmg and genning 3 nora recently. I assumed this meant soultap was fixed everywhere, but I haven't tested yet.

7. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Yeah, this was reported and noted back in April, so we are well aware of this being an issue.

8. Senshu

That is odd, I will have to look into it.

9. Senshu

Okay really odd, apparently the Soultap condition from Soul Channeling works but the condition from Soultap does not. We will need to look into this further. Thanks for bringing this up.

10. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Just guessing here but, seeing as the others reported "Soultapped 3" causing 3 loss of life and the normal Soultapped not doing anything, it would seem that the damage soul tap is doing right now is dependant on the duration of the debuff just like Chilled/Charred etc (though it should always do 2). This would explain normal Soultapped applied from attacks doing nothing since (I think) infinite duration rebuffs are coded as duration=0, hence 0 damage.

11. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

what about duration -1 that always shows up on debuffs?

12. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Just want to bump this thread again. Been really bugging me lately (no pun intended) that soultap isn't working correctly.

13. Jay

Jay The King of Potatoes

So the revamp is out but the Soultap is still same broken as it was three months ago. With all respect to the developers I would still hope for the soon upcoming fix.

14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

soultap not working is a major bug. it's on like 12 diff. champs/relics...

15. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Please, fix this.

16. peolinen

peolinen New Member

From the testing I did today I figured the following things:
    1) Soultap (the ability) generates 3 nora the 1st turn and deals 3 dmg(with a duration counter of 3). However, it does nothing the following turns(duration counters 2,1,0 ) and sometimes, after the 3 turns are over, it reaches a -1 counter of duration and stays like that forever. When that happens, no dmg is applied on the soultapped champion HOWEVER the source of the ability loses 1 nora per turn ( I assume this is happening due to the -1 duration counter ).
    2)Soul Channeling is working exactly like soultap ability, however it does not renew each turn if the champion with the soultap channeling ability is in range of an already soultapped champion and it always reaches the -1 duration stage.
    3)Soultap Luminescence ( I tested the soultap garnet ), applies the -1 duration stage from the very beggining, meaning that no dmg is dealt on the soultapped champions and the source still loses 1 nora per opponent's turn, per champion. Even if the soultapped condition is renewed from the garnet, it always remains at the -1 stage.

I hope this will be fixed soon, as this little extra dmg and this little extra nora can play a major role in many cases.

17. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

What's the word, DoGz?

18. BansheeX

MumĀ“s apparently ;)

19. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I had some soultap earlier with an Eye of Serkan against various darkmarsh units, and the soultap affliction went on successfully and dealt the damage..but I was losing the nora at the end of my turn, not gaining it.