SP/UD Minotaur/G'hern Split Hero

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Kristian Skjold, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

Rune Name: Maghra
    Faction: SP/UD
    Race: G'hern, Minotaur
    , Class: Brute, Wizard, Size: 1x1, Rarity: Exotic
    Artwork
    : An female Minotaur/G'hern hybrid crawling towards Prince Malandur. Other minotaurs beats it with clubs.
    Flavor-Text: "Why does she have a horn on her forehead?? Which Minotaur have been in the shattered Peaks lately!?" - Prince Malandur to Minotaur Sentry.
    "
    Nora Cost:
    ??

Champion Stats
    DAM:
    12, SPD: 7, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 1, HP: 52

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Physical
    Attack: Magical
    Devour: Moga
    Split-Hero
    Surge: G'hern 1
    Frighten Mogas
    (Friendly Mogas within 8 Spaces of this champion have -1 spd and -2 dmg) NEW
    Identity illusion
    "name rework suggestions, please" (Target Champion within 5 Spaces with race: G'hern or Minotaur, gets the opposite race for 2 turns. Ability can be used 2 times each turn. CD:0 AP:0)

Upgrade Abilities
    Path 1
    Spell swallower
    Adaptive: Shattered Peaks
    Adaptive: Underdepths

Path 2
    Surge: Minotaur
    Stat Bonus: dmg +2
    Resonance

Questions to Answer:

What role is this Rune intend to fill?
    • Why isn't this Rune's role being fulfilled by similar Runes?
      This rune is meant to connect SP with other factions. After my own opinion, SP needs more champions that will Work in splits that are outside themes. It gives an possibility to combine G'hern with Minotaurs.. And because of it's upgrade path it will provide possibilities to throw into a SP split with other factions together with some of the G'hern (mostly) support units like G'hern General, Sustainer, Thrower etc.
    • How is this Rune different from what is already in Pox Nora?
      It's a connection for SP splits mainly, since i find it hard to find good SP champions to throw into a split. I find most SP units fits in their theme.. and not much outside of the theme.
    • How is this Rune competitive and why would it be used over other Runes?
      It's competive in that way, that it'll grants moility to G'herns in a minotaur bg for example.. Granting the g'herns ability to use Dimension doors for a short period of time. In this split it'll give a full-theme with minotaur/g'herns the possibility to get some range into the bg. Which isn't Minotaurs strong side.
    • What makes this Rune unique and fun to use?
      Personally i find G'herns and minotaurs extreamly fun to play. And combining them would be hillarious! I can imagine myself playing a SP/UD split ALOT and really enjoy the G'herns support & range and the minotaurs mobility & power.

Please leave some suggestions or some feedback. I'm not sure about the Nora prices.
    I like the idea about this rune.. And since ALOT of people dont like G'herns without mogas.. how do u feel about G'hern with minotaurs? :)
    - Another thing im not completely sure about is the Surge: Minotaur, Surge: G'hern and the runes Base dmg... G'hern & minotaurs are not races that swarms around the map... but maybe base dmg is too high?
    - Just another thing.. is that i'm a bit afraid of the other G'herns base dmg.. i'm thinking about an ability to boost g'herns slightly.

Rune Name: Battlestaff of the depths
    Faction: SP/UD
    Nora Cost: 35

"Equipped champion gains +2 range. If equipped on Maghra, she gains Magical Attack, Commander: Minotaur, Commander: G'hern and costs 45 nora instead.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  2. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Interesting idea. But to make g'hern and minos work I'd assume you'd have to make some abillity adjustments and implement new spells.

3. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Honestly, I didn't love the champion itself - Identity Illusion seems very one sided by letting Ghern use Doors, but what does a minotaur gain from being a Ghern?

What really intrigued me was the idea of an equip that, given to its hero, costs MORE in exchange for a huge chunk of abilities. That's new design space.

4. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

A Ghern gains Overseer: Moga, alowing you to use Mino instead of Ghern in a Moga bg....

5. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Sorry, does being G'hern automatically grant that? For example; Violent is the draksar racial, but not all Draksar have it.

Then again, becoming a Draksar through Taint makes your unit violent. Unless it was a nonviolent Draksar. In which case it remains placid. Either way, it should work the way you said, and I'm sure it can be coded as such; that's a pretty sweet interaction I didn't think about.

6. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Yeah, you're right... I didn't check all of the Ghern to see if all have Overseer: Moga, but maybe a little change in the "Identity Illusion" ability will solve this:

Identity Illusion: Target a real frindly champion, if it's race was Minotaur, give him Overseer: Moga 1 for 2 turns, if it's was Ghern, he can use Dimension Doors.

Something like this... What do you think?