Spawnpool Guardian

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by 4NIK8, Aug 10, 2016.

1. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

This champ got tripple nerfed last patch. It suffered from the following nerfs:

Summon tad got a cost and CD increase
    Tad lost its upgrades (collateral as all summons lost their upgrades)
    HP loss on swamp teachings went from 5 to 10

Personally I think this champ could either use a complete overhaul or some adjustments to it's abilities.

As some ppl already said in other posts, tad without leap is pretty much useless, specially considering that boghoppers now have zero water gen inside the theme (not counting relics and spells as this would only make the summon even more inefficient). So to get a decent summon out, what I do (and I guess others as well) is save AP for 1 turn then summon a tad and immediately turn him into a pupil.

What this means is that I'm spending two turns, 9 AP and 10 HP to get a 7 DMG, 36HP summon out. Yeah, after 4 turns it can transform, but still, it's pretty easy to kill it before it can do that and while it's a pupil it poses basically zero threat.

Let's compare with other summon abilities:

Summon Boghopper Tad + Swamp Teachings - 5CD / 9 AP / -10 HP / 45 Nora (no access to boost and has to wait 4 turns to become something useful)

Summon Festering Corpse - 5CD / 5 AP / 15 Nora (has no access to boost, has access to zombie herder and dont need to wait a turn)

Summon Young Piledriver - 5CD / 5 AP / 35 Nora (has access to boost and tough and dont need to wait a turn)

Summon Furbull Litter - 6CD / 5 AP / 50 Nora (summon 2 baby furball, has access to boost and needs to wait 6 turns to become useful)

After 6 turns while tad+teachings will only have 1 transformed and 1 pupil out each of the other abilities will have generated 2 ready to fight summons with similar or better stats then tad+teachings without any HP loss to the summoners. Oh and its costs is only lower then Furbull Litter.

So either adjust the ability or do something with either tad (add Leap 3 to base) or pupil (add Guarded to base).

What do you think about it? @Sokolov

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

The power of Tad has allways been Guarded: Boghopper, I've noticed that upgrading him was less effective unless I need to heal him.

Anyway I would let devs and council review the water gen atrocious nerf and then look back to Tad and Spawnpool Guardian.

3. Lacapi

Lacapi Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm so tired i posted some nonsense. But yeah, they got hit hard.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  4. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

I'd love to see summon replaced with a version of geo/bio genesis.

That would make it a much nicer option :)

Anima26 and Goyo like this.
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Would you prefer Leap 3 in place of Guarded: Boghopper?

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Guarded: Bohopper makes the unit a treat, since you buff everything if you wan't to get ride of it.

Problem is lack of water than lack of Leap in my opinion, since Aquatic without water it's too much of a drawback.

7. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Guarded Boghopper gives it some flavor, but since it's stuck in place it can't actually properly put the ability to use. Removing Guarded would make it completly favorless, thats why I said to add Leap 3 to base or make it semi aquatic. Another solution is as Goyo said, work on more sources of water gen. Tip: Paladin change was terrible, undoing it will do alot for bohoppers already.

Anima26 and Goyo like this.
  8. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Im just waiting for next patch to hopefully see where the Water Fronts end up with regards to Tad. I see an issue with Tad needing water terrain because hes melee so hell need to be in close, so the water front provider will also need to be melee, which brings you to the issue of melee water front champs enabling Drown, which people complain about. Maybe he could lose Aquatic, i dont know, im bad at this kind of stuff. Removing Guarded would make him less flavorful and have less synergy and im not sure what hed bring other than literally being a sack of hp, but he is a summon. Perhaps removing Guarded and adding something else falvorful?

Edit: To fix Spawnpool maybe remove the whole Swamp Teachings thing. Its a neat ability but its making her abilities a little bloated and bumping her cost up by 35 nora and most of the time, as goyo mentioned, u dont even use it. People run her to summon Tads more than Pupils, i do anyway. Im paying 35 noras for an ability that i rarely use. Then just redesign Boghopper Pupil rune to be its own thing. Just a thought.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016