speed con-troll

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by OriginalG1, Dec 4, 2015.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2015-12-4_2-12-44.png
    this deck plays okay. The idea is to run as much elsari coven champs and use anchor to really limit speed. feed back welcomed on this idea.

2. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

You only need one coven out at a time for it to work now I think? it just scales with how many withces you have out.

Could also see bubble of protection doing some work here.
    Whats the equip that isnt reapers blade?

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Try is and k'thir man, much better combination. I was running kinda of a slow bg the other day using is/k'thir and using spells like sapping beam, speed trap, and champs with drudgery or stall.

4. OriginalG1

emergence kit is the other equipment.

bubble is good idea! i want to get a dead magic zone voodoo in here somehow as well

5. OriginalG1

I really like crunching on DMZ, It gets cruse going and protects my from signal target spells. SP, IS have some really nasty signal target spells.

6. super71

Dmz for the curse effect, does it work well for slowing opponents ? For a while i was actually running regulate and crusader it was making him a boss lol and could barely be hit. I agree sp and is probably have the most versatile spell selection in the game.

7. OriginalG1

crused and slow stack as far as speed goes, if that is what you are asking.

8. narvoxx

Are you still playing this? I thought about this some more and champs that can avoid attacks benefit a lot from this kind of stuff, I'm talking about dodge and block and deflect and divert. Could also be interesting to drop FW or FS for ST, to get the frozen, ice terrain, and nokhan do

Lupefi2 likes this.
  9. super71

I once ran a k'thir bg with only divert champs and soothing serenade lol most people just quit after like 10 minutes. Slowing armor and freezing aura would also be good for his speed control bg.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

ST/FW used to be a thing where you hit enemy SPD/AP like crazy via Force Barrier, Slowed, Frozen (Frost Cone used to AE Frozen), Cursed and Snow.

So I can definitely see what you are doing working.

Leadrz likes this.
  11. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

kill sense stacks with slow.

12. OriginalG1

i never really ran this bg with the intention of being competitive, i was just testing the waters with what i thought was some neat synergy. i still got win's with it, but it is not by favorite bg any means!

13. narvoxx

I think it's worth exploring ideas in the hopes of something competitive coming out of it, intended or not :D

OriginalG1 likes this.
  14. narvoxx

So I'm still messing around with this idea and just noticed you don't have frostvein witch in there! You can get drudgery or debilitate that way

OriginalG1 likes this.
  15. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

boghopper shadow for mudsling