Speed - Too Powerful?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atherhog, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Once upon a time, I had a sting as a Limited player... I played Barbs pre-rework.

The secret behind my success? Getting Barbarian Elite into the neutral fonts before anyone else and making life super hard from that point onwards.

Having played against the current crop of Limiteds, many of them use similar tactics... getting something quickly into the neutral font and making life difficult.

3 of the factions provide bonus AP to make this easier.

My question to you guys is this - if speed became less important, do you think there would be space for more creative gameplay?

Or do you not see it as a problem?

2. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

make all champs max speed 4 and dont allow ap bonus at all, then there will be no more "font contesting" and such crap, like you can do with some abilities like portal nexus etc, lets just keep games high end: put out all champs one by one and lets kill off each other by range or a glorious charge, so fun! and this way games could even stretch to the 3 h mark with some luck. everyone will love it!!!

3. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

haha...

Seriously, I agree that rush decks have their place, I honestly do.

My question is simply this - are rush decks overly dominant atm?

4. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

no, its almost impossible to win by rushing, including if you try to use the banned portal nexus... just too many tricks that protects from rushing that are impossible to predict or protect against

5. enuff

enuff The King of Potatoes

I don't think so, as rush decks are still draw/map dependent and have usually a bad late game (if you play only rush and font contesting champs). There are also not that many cases where you straight up lose to a rush, you can often recover b yhaving a good draw by yourself or outplaying your opponent ^^

6. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

The only op rush deck currently is FS trappers/augurs/trolls/spellspam, all others in the long run suck like always.