Spells rating judging by their efficiency on the board

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by IronStylus, May 11, 2016.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Really like the idea of this thread.

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Ummm just chiming in here to say that mindslicer boomerang, mindstorm, and mechoes are all op, with boundless enthusiasm and fiery ambush also getting nods

IronStylus likes this.
  3. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Yes, beacuase they serve purpose of getting a kill, which is something that gets you control of the board. I rated those spells lower, because they aren't best in a hypothetical scenario where damage and rescources are kind of limitless and matter more than strategy of wiping the board champion by champion. Imagine you need to deal as much damage as possible with spells and champions with them being invulnerable to death using as low nora as possible to achieve that. I wouldn't use mindslicer boomerang in that scenario or mindstorm, but fiery ambush gets better here because it can deal massive aoe damage and deal even more if your opponent moves. Also you deny him movement within font zone which creates an opportunistic situation to deal more damage or deny him dealing damage to you.

4. Ballballer

I think your rating system is silly then if these hypothetical made up situations are what you judge spells by and not their practical application and consistency

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    Willow likes this.
  5. IronStylus

you can always not pay attention to silly stuff if that's your opinion

6. Ballballer

So, according to your logic, if mindslicer boomerang was 10 nora it would still be rated lower because it isnt as good in your made-up situation?

7. IronStylus

why are you picking on my made-up situation if yours has less sense?

8. Ballballer

Because it seems you dont take cost and sheer power in specific roles into consideration in more than a couple of spells. What does the flexibility of mindslicer boomerang matter when it excels at its intended purpose?

9. IronStylus

i rated it lower, because in terms of consuming and giving rescources it actually takes the same amount of health from both your and opponent's units, but it's a gret spell, because it lets you control the board, which I didnt consider in my list, but I wrote that earlier, so okay, right? what's the problem?

10. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

In a faction without much healing (disregard blood), you can't keep spamming boomerang. Not giving 5/5, but 4+/5 seems ok or do you disagree?

@IronStylus you forgot boundless enthousiasm

11. IronStylus

@IronStylus you forgot boundless enthousiasm[/QUOTE]
    Yes I did the list looking at poxbase to remind all spells. Probably 4-; minus, because it's hard to make use of both components. In my mind it looks like additional base damage of the champion to adjacent units in a situation I suppose it going to happen when you use this spell. Also saves a lot of AP, which is generally good for UD.