Spells

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StTwisted, Jun 25, 2016.

1. StTwisted

StTwisted Member

I know there is a lot going on but I find the biggest offender of confusion in this game for someone new, or at least for someone like me who just recently came back after a long absence, is spells.

If the combat log showed nothing but spells I would be 100% less confused. I can see a relic and champ and equips are not that hard to find but I have no idea what is going on with spells.

I spent 2 turns trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with my Mysian Lamia and then finally realized something called Split Personality was cast on it. I was like WTF is going on here.

I would really like to see the spell card pop up in the left of the screen or something but that is asking too much I know. If I could just get all the filler removed from the combat log and just see what spell was last cast/triggered I would be SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Tweek516, mortal ix, Goyo and 2 others like this.
  2. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

once I cast a spell and my avatar lost 30 hp, in clumps of 10. all the combat log said was "your avatar takes 10 damage" three times in a row. lost because this and unholy tomb killed my otherwise safe avatar 1 turn before my several uncontested Champs could kill his 5 hp avatar.

I had to go to the rune check list and look through all the FW spells until I found out what it was. Apparently there's a spell that you cast that causes your opponents shrine to lose 10 health next time they cast a spell, and I'm assuming it's stackable since it proceed 3 times, although it doesn't specify.

that combat log is a little lackluster at the moment.

soulmilk, mortal ix and Gnomes like this.
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Very good points. It is unreasonable to expect players to know which spells won't appear in the combat log.

4. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Fken jimdar. @themacca has made it a personal quest to tell all new players going vs him how to play.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Obviously against jimdar. Yet again this is a case of his deck only working against players who aren't aware of what it is. But yeah, don't use spells save nora for x4 champion deploys and you have a guaranteed win on your hands

6. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Or just rush the hell out of him!

But yeah, the combat log really needs some work.

Btw regarding unknown effects from spells, there's any specific spell or ability that kills summons right after they are spawned? It happened to me more then once where I cast Pygmy hippo stampede and all the hippos die instantly. One time only two of them died... I have no clue what that might be, anyone have any idea?

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

ethereal pool/spell traps+masons spires

The classic i can't win with skill deck

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Rebuke deals damage when AP is generated from a non-speed source so the hippos would take 10-15 damage depending on what rank of rebuke was out and die immediately.

9. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Yeah, that's what I immediately thought. One of the times it was indeed rebuke, the others were something else that I still have no idea, a bug maybe? The situation where only two hippos died was when I tried to finish a sheoul demon in a distant font.