Spirit of forglar/Low level Shrine are terrible

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Apr 4, 2015.

1. imrathion

imrathion Well-Known Member

Pede... I thought you quit... not amused.(lol) But seriously, good to have you back?

Qucas and Pedeguerra like this.
  2. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I don't think an avatar can transfigure 3 to 4 turns earlier, swear it's still a 10 turn cd.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

you cannot judge a player from 1 game. Especially when you aren't playing against one of their better bg's. I will let you know when my champs are cpd and when i get an avatar. I am currently using top notch bgs but i need to level them first.

A lot of people in the past have talked to me similarly to how you are now. Pooipants told me i could never beat him unless i got a draw win and that wasn't the case. Heroex and agirgis were similar as well. Burnpyro too.

If i played against you with my best bg's against your best id beat you a lot more than you think.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I havent quit at all, Im just playing with my alt. Less dodging and more fun for me. Yay! Im glad you think that way, bud. Thanks.
    At MW: Im not talking "similarly" to you at all, I think anyone in this game can beat anyone - its like that in any card game. I was never ashamed of a loss, and if I loose to a guy who is playing every day then there is no harm at all.
    My point is this: I thought you would be reaaaaally good from all your talk, turned out we played, and I won rather easily. And it wasnt about anything major you did, it was just a collection of small mistakes that did bite you in the butt later on. Thats all. If somehow you become more humble, it might even improve your gameplay and make you earn more respect from the community.
    I never said all you say is bs and troll you every chance I get - I think you have some merit in pointing out the outliers. You just need to take a breather, man.

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I'll be a hero and stick to the thread: @mw24 , the reason that things have levels is because it is a way of making the players get hooked up into building their battlegroups the way they want(you know, Ava's did have a customization level at some point, even if low). More than that, it is a way of allowing new players to practice a very small bit(as far as PvE allows, it still helps with rune info) for real PvP games, so they don't just queue and feed exp around.

Through PVE you can level up your avatar incredibly quickly; if you don't like it I'm sorry, but nobody can please everyone. I love PvE myself, although I could seriously use an AI improvement.

Anyways, you guys should pretend I didn't post and keep argueing.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Pedeguerra likes this.
  6. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Peen waging aside, I do think the utility items like Avatars/Avatar Tokens as well Tokens to level champions which are supposed to encourage people to try doing different things are slightly overpriced. If you want to be lazy sure, get charged for it, but not like that.

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Yea, since I'm the lazy master my gold has been going exclusively to tokens for pretty much 6 months now, as I do make a lot of BG's(which normally last 2 days, but still - tokens used).

Avatars aren't hard to level though, and I'm pretty sure they won't lower tokens' prices because they've just put them as PvP prize.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

You can trade 5000 gold coins in the market tab for avatars. No excuses why you would not have enough gold to upgrade.

chrono's ability op, blood for nora works on nora cow. :] synergy

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

What else would you expect the guy using shrine damage bg to say?

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Haven't really read this thread fully. So I'm not sure if it has been said. Avatars have 4 abilities obviously, unfortunately you still can't choose what upgrades you get on them. You randomly get 3/4.

Going to bed. Night.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You just had to try it huh. Well here we go son.

1.png

Funny, you claimed they were in need of a buff in this thread

Damn. Guess I'm about done now.

2.png

Oh wait. It's that easy. An I'm sure how you'll come up with a story about non-meta bgs. You used a IS/FW ess drain/fist of bastion with DKs and Anthropos last game. I'm running FF FW which means a bunch of my runes don't even work against your bg. Yeah, that just happened.

sup

Just to add, PMing me afterwards to say that you're mw24, "rank 4". And how I got lucky. And then we played again. And again. Ironically you started complaining about smurfs and who I was during game one. The great undefeated rank 4 mw24 got played for the fool he is. I salute you.

Feel free to sit down anytime now.

Goodnight.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    themacca, SPiEkY, Tweek516 and 10 others like this.
  12. Pedeguerra

Nice.
    Rekt.

SPiEkY, Tweek516, scrampy and 4 others like this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Just for this occasion, to prove a point.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. Pedeguerra

WTH is "smurfing"? New Pox slang?

15. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

when a high ranking player makes a new account in order to play against newer players or even to play against other high ranking players and confuse them

16. Pedeguerra

Ah, ok. Thanks. I would never imagine it would refer to that.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's a term adopted from World of Warcraft. It's used in games to describe people making new accounts in order to play anonymously. Often this refers to high ranked players.

The original smurfs were two high ranked guys in WoW that nobody wanted to play because they were that good. Their names were Papa smurf and 'somethingelse' Smurf. Thus "smurfing" became the term to describe "alts" that people used to kick ass anonymously.

Dhamun, MEATMAN, Pattn199 and 2 others like this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

1350 no avatar. Ha.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have a 64% winrate on my alt that started out at 1000 exp. Rest assured, this proves once again that me > you.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

ive been in limited since like the 2nd day on the account. Also I have said this 1000 times already but I don't always play bgs with the intent to get the highest rank/winrate possible. Most of the time I just play bg I feel like playing that I think could be strong, sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.

I have played 7 or 8 bgs on this account and so far the only really good bg ive used is my fs.