Spirit Peacock (KF Champ)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Spirit Peacock
    Race: Beast & Spirit, Class: None, Size: Small, Rarity: Uncommon
    Artwork: A beautiful peacock with its enchanting tail on full display. Unlike most peacocks, the tail is ethereal and full of light.
    Flavor-Text: Beauty like his is seldom obtained easily.
    Nora Cost: 68

Champion Stats
    DMG: 10, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-2, DEF: 0, HP: 38

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Sonic-
    This unit makes a Sonic attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Confuse Attacker- The next time this unit is successfully attacked, it is relocated 3 spaces directly away from the source of the attack. CD: 3, AP: 0
    Confuse Enemy- The next time this champion successfully makes an attack against an enemy champion, this champion is relocated 3 spaces directly away from the target. CD: 3, AP: 0
    Trickster- When this unit activates an ability that is not a basic attack, it becomes Stealthed and gains Shadow Shift (This champion is relocated to target space within 5 spaces, and loses Rooted. This ability does not break stealth and is only usable while Stealthed) for 1 turn.
    Veiled Flight- This unit gains Flying (This unit ignores restrictions and penalties imposed by terrain and may move across chasm spaces without dying. This unit has an additional rank of Sentry and are immune to the effects of Lumbering unless Grounded) when Stealthed.

Champion Upgrades
    Fascinate- At the beginning of your turn, any enemy champion without Iron Will within 5 spaces of this unit is moved 2 spaces directly towards this unit.
    Guarded: Beasts- Whenever this unit is successfully attacked, friendly Beasts within 5 spaces gain 2 AP and +4 DMG for 2 turns. This effect does not stack.
    Guarded: Spirits- Whenever this unit is successfully attacked, friendly Spirits within 5 spaces gain 2 AP and +4 DMG for 2 turns. This effect does not stack.
    Motivate- All other friendly champions have +1 DMG.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    allyorbase likes this.
  2. Xirone

This is meant to be a simple and cheap champ that can fit in Beast decks and Spirit decks (if that ever really becomes a thing for KF). While simple, his few abilities create a difficult champ to pin down. The Spirit Peacock stealths and gains Shadow Shift & Flight when it uses either Confuse: Attacker or Confuse: Enemy (due to Trickster and Veiled Flight). When the opponent destealths the champ, the opponent won't know if attacking it will relocate it or if the Peacock's next attack will relocate the attacker. If left out in the open, the Spirit Peacock is pretty easy to kill (once his tricks are up). Thankfully, he is so cheap it doesn't matter too much if he is killed.

Edit: I'd really like him to have access to Unstoppable and Confuse (the activated ability) but don't want to load him up with too many abilities.

3. Xirone

I wonder what would happen if Motivate or Fascinate were replaced with Knockout as an upgrade choice and then used in combination with Confuse Enemy. Use Confuse Enemy and stealth. Move up to an opponent at your convenience and use Knockout (now that you are stealthed). Would that opposing champion then be paralyzed and relocated 3 spaces away?

4. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Spirits need more representation in KF, but beasts? I think we already have more than enough beasts. Too many.

Your "spirit" has no access to the Incorporeal condition at all. In what way is it a spirit?

Asides from the Aspects, which shouldn't have the race Spirit at all, the number of champions that have race Spirit but no access to incorporeal can be counted on two hands. And out of those outliers, there is only one in which this situation feels appropriate.

Utterdark Planeshift - Gain Phase Shift
    Spirit of Endurance - Lose race Spirit (Angels are spirits too IMO)
    Skeletal Lerper - Really? Why does this have race Spirit to begin with?
    Shadowshank - Again, why does this have race Spirit?
    Shadestriker - This may be the one situation where not having access to Incorporeal is appropriate, but it could have Vaporize or Ethereal as a designed detriment.
    Sandhunter - Asides from the flavor text, there is no reason for this to be anything but a beast.
    Revenent - Gain some form of Incorporeal (Vaporize?)
    Nether Wraith - If anything should have Veiled Flight, it's this. Giving Ethereal to this unit would go very well with Solidify & it's AP gain.
    Collection of Souls - Could give it Ghost, lower it's Nora cost, and have it be reliant on Solidify to attack. Give it more passive abilities like Impart (Depression, Dread, Etc.).
    Ashe Maiden - Why is Incorporeal the only ability of it's kind? Why not make a variant that's only susceptible to Frost damage and give it to the Ashe Maiden?

5. Xirone

I did think about giving it some Ethereal-granting ability but they either didn't fit or may be too strong for such a cheap champion. Having Trickster, I don't want the champ to have any additional activated abilities and that leaves Ethereal or Vaporize as the only possible candidates. I suppose Vaporize would be okay, though. From a design perspective, on a side note, I believe that every spirit doesn't necessarily need to spend time as a ghost, and I think we differ there.

Also, I know KF has many beasts already but I think it unreasonable to assume KF shouldn't get more beasts at some point. I tried to make this an interesting beast that was also something else so that it wouldn't "just" be a beast, however.

Thanks for the input!

6. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Don't you think 64 nora is a bit too cheap?

7. Xirone

Possibly, yes. He is definitely a sub 70 nora champ, though. 66? 68?

8. Prami

Sure, KF should get more beasts, but there are already themes for them to fit in (Vashals, full beasts, potentially snakes at some point, and everything that uses beasts as a sub-theme). There's no need for even more beast splash, especially when we are all but garenteed to get your unicorn.

9. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

IMO I think 68 should do it just because it's a beast. If it's ran in a beast bg, the 38hp doesn't even matter and the 10dmg is easy to buff up. It also has a form of stealth and defensive abilities.

10. Xirone

Just to be clear, it sounded like the devs liked the idea of KF getting a unicorn. It may or may not resemble the one I suggested. But, yeah, rainbow sparkle magic!

11. Xirone

Good points, 38 HP can easily turn into 56 HP in KF. 68 nora it is (I'll update the price).

12. Prami

It's going to happen. Want to bet money on it?

We already have a Spirit Beast, is what I'm saying. Though Spirit of the Mountain needs it's own changes.

13. Xirone

And Ancestral Avenger. Spirit animals are awesome, come to think of it!

14. Prami

Buff Titans - 2014!

I guess Spirit/Demi-God/Angelic beasts could be a theme, an interesting one too. Again though, KF already has plenty of beast themes.

P.S Garu should totally gain the beast race. They're intelligent bears...

[​IMG]

15. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Ok, please do clarify the seriousness of this suggestion because I know this would involve a lot of changes to Garu and Beasts.

16. Prami

Would it? Like what? They seem pretty solid mechanically. Nothing special about them beyond their racial.

I meant that they should gain the Beast race, barring any serious mechanical problems. They should be a higher beast race, like the Vashals.

Hibernate could maybe use a few small changes. For starters, why not add a bit more risk/reward by having the effect cancel on damage, instead of on stealth breaking?

17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I can risk something like....
    "The suggestion is as serious as it can get, but you are worried because it would make your fake empire of lies crumble under the weight of the very truth that you are trying to cover in the shadows, you and your elitist fellows that are trying to keep his blue names at all costs, no, "thenidhogg", this is serious and you and your circus are the jokes"
    I don't quite get his style, but if I were a troll I would try to sound more epic.

18. Prami

Holy projection Batman!

Can i like, borrow you sometime...? It's so expensive get good machinery, and you've got a talent.

19. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

For starters
    • Boost Beast being so easy to get in a variety of factions
    • Seal of the Vashal being able to apply to Garu
    • Desert Herder + Garu Den Mother
    • Reveal Race on Garu Primitive (this one is not so gamebreaking)
    • Camaraderie from Bunny Lord
    • Protective
    Garu are not currently designed around having access to a lot of goodies that Beasts get, so it would require large overhauls to make them balanced.

20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

This one?