Spirit surge deck help

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by DiCEM0nEY, Feb 28, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

spirits.PNG Trying to make a competitive spirit deck which uses surge.

I have a deck I'll show when I get home that is coming along, only has xulous non spirit for essence drain and alt damage.

Main problems I find with surge spirit decks are certain maps and draws are very weak, and they are almost all either weak to magical or have magical attack.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  2. GhostTiger

GhostTiger New Member

How is this deck working for you? I have just recently returned after 3years and am looking for spirit deck ideas. Mainly with Utterdark Spectres /Vaporize/ Stealth.

3. DiCEM0nEY

Only ever really ran it for fun till I found a good deck I could afford. Which is meta (the same as you said basically)

4. DiCEM0nEY

this deck is an inferior version of skeletons, which arent very good anyways.

5. GhostTiger

GhostTiger New Member

My deck is
    2x Elsari Votary
    2x Elsarin Reaper
    1x Inkblight Witch(would have two if owned two)
    2x Ravenwraith
    1x Serkan
    2x Soul Collector
    2x Stitched Librarian
    1x Tormented Priest
    2x Utterdark Spectre
    2x Wailing Banshee
    1x Xulos

Chains of Corruption
    Domination
    Essence Drain
    Hungry Dead
    Mobilization
    Soulbane

Elsarin Vex
    Grim Well
    Unholy Tomb

Crown of Corruption
    2x Shield of Darkness

Is that current meta?

6. DiCEM0nEY

I think the best way to play spirit surge is the mason spire + aarryo portal combo.

7. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Wouldnt haunt be a very good rune to have in a spirit bg?

8. DiCEM0nEY

I'm theory it is, and I usually run it 1 x. There are a few proble3ms. One is that rift bound sucks as a modifier in general, so the dmz isn't as useful as it should be. Second is that the effects of haunt aren't felt until the time limit ends. Meaning it does not matter if the relic dies or not. Lastly, unless you are using a haunting spirit, the relic kill effect of haunt takes far to many turns to come into effect.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

literally only one of those things is relevant to the effectiveness of haunt. everything else is just dribble

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Skellies are very strong.

11. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Why double up on soulreave? The spell is rather expensive.

12. DiCEM0nEY

Immunity magical and mirrored caused me to lose quite a few games.

Overall I like the mason spire aaryo portal variant. I actually like zombies the most of any FW theme atm. They have the best cheap meat, and pretty decent damage. Black pearls with zombies are my favorite thing to run, and I don't even have a single legendary zombie. You can shatter a black pearl on an enemy melee, or use it on a cheap 50 nora unit of your own. Plus they actually can win games with dead zone voodoo, since their units are so strong with little support

In general, any unit in FW which benefits from staying alive is either going to be completely op or garbage is my theory. Which is why I'm not really a fan of surge decks, since they require units to be alive to be effective.

Zombie apocalypse is perfect on the other hand. It basically says, you need 5 units for a swarm effect. But after this 5, you don't benefit anymore, meaning you can safely sacrifice units.

I'm pretty sure my Bane Shift talking alone influenced a lot of the skeketon attention. Before I came into the game, the goto theme was zombies. I think the low player base, and forum attention made skeketon the more visible theme, however, I really can't imagine they are better than zombies.

I think aaryo is a great theme with great design potential, but riftbound is far too weak of a modifier, and surge is stupid with fw.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    OriginalG1 likes this.
  13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

That is what i was thinking but surprised it was common enough to 2x soulreave.

14. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Its less that he actually uses 2 soulreaves a game, its more that he actually needs to consistently draw soulreave to not auto lose to mirrored/immunity

At least, im assuming.

OriginalG1 and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  15. DemonicWiz

DemonicWiz The King of Potatoes

Anyway I could get the names of those runes?
    I've returning and can only match a few pictures with names. x.x

16. DiCEM0nEY

I like to make luck as little a factor as possible, which is why I prefer zombie decks over any other FW decks atm.

OriginalG1 likes this.