Spirit Totem (Garu Theme Relic)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Spirit Totem (KF Relic)
    Effect: This relic has Reinforce and Boost: Garu 3. For the first 4 turns in play, this relic also has Ghost. This relic can only be deployed next to an adjacent friendly Garu.
    Artwork: A tall totem pole with many Garu faces carved on it stands amid dense vegetation. The base of the pole has countless claw scratches and bite marks.
    Flavortext: "I took aim at the dying Garu but by the time my arrow arrived, all it hit was this strange pole." -Gak, Goblin Archer
    Hit Points: 20
    Nora Cost: 25

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    Entrepidus and Woffleet like this.
  2. Xirone

This is a simple relic that boosts Garu within a wide area. In order to drop the relic, however, a Garu must be sent back to the runedock (with a 50% refund). Obviously, this relic is best used when a Garu, who is about to die, can drop the relic on the front lines of battle (or in an opposing font) to let those Garu who are still around benefit from it most. Since it temporarily has Ghost, this relic can continue to contest a font pretty effectively until backup arrives.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  3. Xirone

Some examples...

Garu Kodiak (82 Nora)- He can drop this relic for 25 Nora, get sent back to the runedock, and generate 41 Nora. Net Gain: 16 Nora.
    Mountain Garu (65 Nora)- He can drop this relic for 25 Nora, get sent back to the runedock, and generate 33 Nora. Net Gain: 8 Nora.

4. Xirone

I slightly changed the rune to make it only playable next to a friendly Garu.

5. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I like this idea! However I feel that Garu as a theme need some work, but it would be a cool concept. Rush in with a dying unit, lay down some harass and save him.

Xirone likes this.
  6. Xirone

Good point, I just made a thread about updating some existing non-champion runes to help the theme work better together. Some champions would definitely need to be changed to make the theme playable but here's what I got...
    http://forums.poxnora.desertowlgames.com/index.php?threads/to-help-out-the-garu-theme.5158/

7. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Rather than pushing the boost 3 trend why not give it spirit projection?

Woffleet likes this.
  8. Xirone

It would be interesting but I think the Garu could use some type of buff. If not Boost: Garu, maybe something else?

9. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

maybe that could be a different relic?

10. Xirone

The more Garu themed runes, the merrier!

Woffleet likes this.