Splitting up the extended set?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by poinl, Oct 22, 2015.

1. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

I know this has to have been mentioned before. But what are the plans considering this? It's already 22 expansions large.

super71 likes this.
  2. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

i said it before
    no one listen

3. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

They don't understand the rotation system i guess. New expansion come? The last in extended go in core. At least this should be good and new player friendly

Ifem21, Tweek516, super71 and 3 others like this.
  4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Their are even too many expansions for this idea. They should at least be doing wrath and protectorate packs extended and core. Or do like every 6 expansions is a set. Too many runes odds of new players getting anything they want and that's gonna keep them around is very slim. Most people join the game for one faction, if they don't get runes from said faction they leave simple as that.

JaceDragon likes this.
  5. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Separate it into multiple packs. As mentioned above protectorate and wrath, or combine "thematic" expansions into packs, like maljarian frontier can consists of all maljarisn like runes and so on.

6. JaceDragon

This.

And this is just a pure marketing thing.
    Less randomness there is in purchase, then more i'm going to spend my moneys.

7. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I support this thread.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Ironically not actually true from the aggregate. It might be true for specific individuals though.

~

Anyway, currently, we are working on other things, and there are a few things we want ahead of this before we add more groups of sets. In particular, there are technical reasons why Protectorate/Wrath packs are not possible right now, largely due to the fact that the game's runes have no understanding which they are (campaigns that check which are using the Shrine Bonus as a proxy, it doesn't actually check all your runes). Another major reason is that the store layout doesn't handle having so many different products very well (it'd look like a mess of stuff). We need a way for you to pick a pack, then select Protectorate or Wrath, instead of having each "group set" having a pack, a box, and all permutations thereof.

poinl and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  9. JaceDragon

I'm very happy to hear this. :)